CHAPTER FIFTEEN - Attention Needed

     "Dude, I need  her attention!" Sirius hissed, while everyone else was making things fly around the room. Charms was a perfect cover for private conversations.

     "Then you should go talk to her." Remus suggested. Everyone else at the table thought it a brilliant idea, but Sirius called it stupid and shushed him. Sirius turned his head and looked at Alessia and Lily's table with longing.

     "The poor bloke's love sick." James concluded.

     "I am not!" Sirius snapped. Peter mumbled something that sounded like, "Sure..."

     "Why won't she talk to me?" Sirius whined. Remus did a very successful face-palm.

     "I bet she'd be willing to talk to you if you went up to her and said 'Hi'!" Remus exclaimed, angrily. After a lot of encouragments (mainly given by Peter and James), Sirius decided to try talking to Alessia. He cautiously walked up to their table.

     Alessia's hair was in her face, so she didn't see him right away. Sirius just stood there; until Lily looked up and noticed him.

     "Can I help you?" Lily asked. Alessia looked up. There was no smile on her face - actually, she bore no sign of recognizing Sirius at all.

     "'Hi'." Sirius said, remembering Remus' tip.

     "Hello," Lily said, looking at Sirius strangely, "Is that all you needed?" Sirius shook his head, "Then what else do you need?" Sirius pointed at Alessia, who flushed.

     "Yes?" Alessia asked shyly, not quite meeting Sirius' eyes.

     "Will you go on a date with me?" he asked, then quickly added, "Not a serious-" he smiled to himself, "-date, just to see if we... you know..."

     "Sure." Alessia answered.

     "Cool, then. Next Hogsmeade visit?" Sirius looked at Lily.

     "Friday." she informed him.

     "Cool, so Friday? The Three Broomsticks?" Alessia looked at him with a confused look on her face, "I'll show you where it is. Well, that’s probably Prongs grabbing onto my ankles. I have to go back to my table. Adios!”

     Sirius turned around and dragged James--who was lying on the floor, still holding his ankles--back to their table.

     “You did it!” Remus said, tapping Sirius on the back like a proud father.

     “I know.” Sirius answered, beaming.

     “And she said ‘Yes’!” Peter exclaimed.

     “I know,”  It was all sinking in now, “I’ve gotten her attention, again!”

     “Padfoot?” James asked him, getting up from the floor.

     “What?” Sirius asked.

     “I don’t think you ever lost it.”

     Sirius totally ignore his last comment, "Well, I don't care! I have a date with the hottest girl at Hogwarts!"

      "Technically, she doesn't go to Hogw--" Remus started, but stopped when he received Sirius's hand square in the jaw. Remus knew he hadn't meant it though, because his eyes were closed. Remus rubbed his jaw, absentmindedly:

     "Don't ruin the moment, Moony."

     "A moment?" James laughed.