Step Up| Channing Tatum

STEP UPChanning Tatum as Tyler You as Cidra

STEP UP
Channing Tatum as Tyler
You as Cidra

Cidra parted her way through the sweaty bodies of the Baltimore house party. The music played loudly sending vibrations through wood floors.

"Skinny, stop following me!" The teenage girl shouted over the loud music.

The dark boy with braids and a flashy belt laughed, "Come on, you know you want me!"

"Where's your brother? Shouldn't you be at home watching cartoons or something?"

The boy sucked his teeth. He waved her off leaving to go annoy another girl. Cidra found herself on the dance floor.

She watched as a white boy danced with another girl. Her eyes flickered over his frame as he effortlessly came up with more dance moves.

Cidra placed her cup down when PJ, a scary-looking dude approached them. Skinny and his older brother Mac tried to diffuse the situation.

"Aye bitch! I didn't see your name on it!" The white boy got loud with him.

Cidra found herself evading the house party before anything popped off.

"So much for a party." She whispered to herself walking away.

A few weeks later, Cidra entered the dance hall with her friends, Nora and Lucy.

"Have you talked to Miles about doing music for you for the showcase?" Lucy asked setting her bag down.

Cidra nodded, "Yeah. Are you asking about him because you like him?"

Lucy grimaced, "Of course not!"

"I think you do like him!" Nora spoke smiling at her friends.

Lucy waved a hand before smiling again, "Did you hear about the new janitor?"

Cidra squinted her eyes as they began stretching their limbs, "What?"

Nora held her toes as she flexed her feet, "He broke into the school and vandalized the theater. You didn't hear?"

Cidra looked over at the crowded hallways next to the dance room. There he was sweeping the halls as students walked by. She felt her heart ache to see that, "That's crazy I know him."

Lucy gasped, "What?"

Cidra shrugged, "I see him at house parties sometimes."

"I forgot how much of a hood rat you like to be."

Nora's mouth was agape when Cidra spoke again, "Lucy chill, there not all bad you know?"

Before the girls could resume their chatter the instructor began class. Cidra felt bored watching her senior peers perform their showcase dances for approval. She had no idea what she wanted to do and that made her instructor mad.

Cidra was the last to perform some of her choreography. The instructor shook her head as she dismissed the class. "Cidra can you stay a minute?"

Cidra picked up her bag and said goodbye to her friends. She felt self-conscious standing in the middle of the dance room with her instructor, "Yeah?"

"Cidra, you have a lot of good ideas but I want you to push for the showcase. You seem to want to do this by yourself and it's okay to ask for help. I think it would look great if you had a partner to practice with. Do something new."

She sighed nodding, "Okay. I'll figure it out."

Cidra sauntered into her reserved practice room. The school was almost empty except a few straggler students wanting to perfect their craft. Cidra plugged up her phone and played some music.

She rolled her shoulders trying to clear her head. Letting the music take her she performed in front of the mirror. When she finished her routine she jumped noticing Tyler taking out the trash in the corner of the room.

"God, you should really announce yourself when you enter a room." Cidra turned her music down wiping the sweat from her forehead.

Tyler laughed, "Sorry for scaring you."

Cidra could tell he wanted to say something, "What is it, Tyler?"

He held his hands up placing the trash can back in the corner, "Nothing. It's just the routine is stiff. I know you dance better than that. I've seen you at the house parties."

"I can't just dance like that here. They expect technique and classical perfection."

"Yeah, but you gotta add your own style to it. I heard what the instructor told you earlier."

Cidra took a look at him through the mirror, "Is this your way of trying to get out of community service? I'm disappointed in you for destroying the theater."

Tyler eased his way towards her, "I'm not trying to get out of anything. If you want the routine to suck then that's on you."

Cidra smirked at his cockiness, "Fine, show me what you got then."

Author's Note:

I was watching this movie earlier lol

vote and comment or not