IV. A Debt To Be Paid

VISENYA STOOD BY AEMOND feeling as if that is where she belonged with being engaged to him. 

Even though she did feel a bit guilty about her family. 

She glanced over at Luke and Jace.

Helaena grabbed her hand, "it's okay," she whispers to the younger girl.

Visenya smiles, "thank you."

"Who had the watch?" Viserys asked the Kingsguard.

"Young Prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace," Cole said as if that made it better.

Viserys snapped back, "you swore oaths to protect MY blood!"

"We're very sorry, Your Grace," the Captain apologized.

That was when Coryls and Rhaenys rushed in, "what is the meaning of this?!"

"Rhaena, Baela, what happened?" Rhaenys asked as the girls hugged their grandmother.

That's when Rhaenyra and Daemon walked into the room together!

"Vis? Jace? Luke!" Rhaenyra ran to her youngest seeing his broken nose, "show me, show me," she whispers.

Daemon leans against the doorframe as he looked over at Visenya and the way she was holding hands with Aemond AND Helaena. 

Let's just say...

He didn't approve.

"Who did this?"

"They attacked me!" Aemond suddenly yelled.

All kids got mad at that...

All except Visenya who stared downwards.

"He attacked Baela!" Jace hissed back.

"Threw me down!"

"Had a knife!"

"Grabbed a rock!"

"Punched me in the nose!"

"They all jumped him..." Visenya whispers as she spoke on Aemond's side.

The squabbling only got worse and worse as all the adults didn't know what to do...

"Enough," Viserys tried, "ENOUGH!" He walked over to Aemond, "Aemond, I will have the truth of what happened. Now."

Alicent looked at him, "what else is there to hear? Your son has been maimed," she gestured to Lucerys, "her son is responsible."

"It was a regrettable accident," Rhaenyra tries.

"Accident? The Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush," Alicent hissed, "he meant to kill my son!"

Visenya jumped to her brother's aid, "it was my blade! It was not intentional!"

"It was my sons who were attacked! And forced to defend themselves," Rhaenyra argues back, "vile insults were said against them."

Viserys looked at her, "what insults?"

"The legitimacy of my son's birth were put loudly to question," she told him.

"What?"

"Called us bastards."

Visenya froze... Aemond has to realize she's a bastard too, right? She looked downwards as she let go of Aemond's hand but not Helaena's.

Aemond smirks at what Rhaenyra said but then looked at Visenya.

Rhaenyra continues, "my children are in line to inherit the Iron Throne, Your Grace, this is the highest of treasons. Prince Aemond must be sharply questioned," Aemond looks at her as she says this, "so we might learn where he might heard such slanders."