XI. Precious Time

EVERYONE WAS GATHERED AT THE GREAT TABLE, Visenya and Helaena sat next to each other, Aemond sat at the end of the table, Daemon sat next to Rhaenyra of course, her brothers sat next to their betrothed, and they made Alicent and Rhaenyra sit next to each other with a gap for the King.

That's when everyone stands up as Viserys is brought in inside a chair, unable to walk anymore, they set him in the gap and everyone took their seats.

"How good it is to see you all tonight," Viserys told them, "together."

"Prayer before we begin?" Alicent asks.

Viserys nods.

Everyone prays to the Seven except Visenya and Daemon who both make faces and then share the same look at each other.

"This is an occasion of celebration it seems," Viserys says, "my grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins Baela and Rhaena further strengthening the bond between our Houses. A toast to the young Princes and they're betrothed."

Everyone picked up a cup of wine and toasted to them.

Visenya sent a smile towards Lucerys.

The old man King then stood up, "it both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table, the faces most dear to me in all the world have grown most distant from each other in the years in passing," he then takes off his mask showing how half of his face is gone, "my own face is no longer a handsome one, if indeed it ever was. But tonight I wish for you to see me as I am. Not as a King but as your father, your brother, your husband, and your grandsire. Who may not walk much longer among you... May we not hold these feelings in our hearts, the crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided but if not for the crown but for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly!"

He sat back down as everyone soaked in those words.

That's when Rhaenyra stood up and raised her glass, "I wish to raise my cup to her Grace, the Queen. I love my father, but I must admit no one has stood more loyally by his side than his good wife. She has tended to him with unfailing devotion, love, and honor, and for that, she has my gratitude and my apology."

As she sat down Alicent said, "your graciousness fills me deeply, Princess," Rhaenyra looked at her, "and we're both mothers. And we love our children, we have more in common than we sometimes allow," she stood up pushing all the resentments down and rose her glass, "I raise my cup to you and to your House. You will make a fine Queen."

Helaena then whispers, "beast beneath the boards..." 

Which only Visenya caught that.

Everyone drank wine and smiled a bit before Aegon went over to Baela, "I regret the disappointment you are soon to suffer," he whispers pouring her wine, "but if you ever wish to know what it is to be well satisfied, all you have to do is ask."

Suddenly Jacaerys hits his fists on the table as he stands up whilst Aegon sits back down.

That was when Aemond stands up as well.

"Jace," Visenya tried to calm her brother, knowing all too well how irritating Aegon can be.

Everyone's eyes turned to the two boys standing as Jace picks up his cup and raises it, "to Prince Aegon and Prince Aemond, we have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth. And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles."

"Aemond, my dear husband," Visenya spoke to Aemond, she gave him a look that said don't, you promised making him sit back down.

Helaena then stood up, "I'd like to toast Baela and Rhaena, they will be married soon, it isn't so bad mostly he just ignores you," Visenya gives a look of sympathy to her, "except sometimes when he's drunk."