chapter 15: world's strongest woman

Aleksandra Zaryanova is one of the world's strongest women, a celebrated athlete who sacrificed personal glory to protect her family, friends, and country in a time of war. As a soldier in the Karakuri Defense Forces, she is proud to use her strength to protect the ones she loves.

Karakuri was known for being the birthplace of famous and genius inventor , Dr Vegapunk. However he had left many powerful weapons of mass destruction on the island in care of it's civilians. The weapons which were wanted by the Marines , who would stop at nothing to retrieve them.

This began a war on the island , a war for possession of the destructive weapons. With one side having numbers and variety of abilities , while the other having the Powerful weapons which aided in their fight.
In this time , the Karakuri defense force was formed. With the strongest of them wielding the strongest of the weapons , which were 10 in number.
Those ten were were used to by the toughest of the soldiers , one of them was Zarya's father.

Aleksandra was born in Baldimore the city located on Karakuri island the target of the Marines attack. Although Karakuri's forces defeated the Marines and shut down their attack, the region was devastated by the conflict and her father was killed in the war.
Only a child at the time, Aleksandra was surrounded by the post-war destruction, and as she grew older, she swore that she would gain the strength to help her people recover.

Focusing on weightlifting and bodybuilding, Aleksandra was identified by the national athletics program as a potential star. She trained extensively, moving up the ranks while representing her country, and was expected to shatter longstanding records in the upcoming world championships. Which would take place in Alabasta.

But on the eve of the tournament, an attack came from the long-dormant Marines, and her village was thrust into war once again. Aleksandra immediately withdrew from the competition and rushed home to enlist in the Karakuri defense forces, sacrificing the life of fame and fortune she might have had. The news reported on her departure. Now a soldier in the Karakuri Defense Forces, Zarya was deployed to the Baldimore front the same front where her father had been killed holding the line against the Marines. Serving as a soldier, Zarya became a symbol to some, a stalwart fellow soldier to others. But for Zarya, it was a chance to use her great strength to protect the ones she loved.

Zarya was given the weapon her father used by Katya Volskaya, Leader of the Karakuri defense force. Her particle cannon was deemed too heavy for standard soldiers, but it also required the kind of quick maneuvering and accuracy that Karakuri's mechanized force couldn't achieve. Zarya fought on the front lines, and saved many lives with the weapon.

As the Marines continued Their attacks, Atlas News interviewed Zarya. She achieved the rank of sergeant within the KDF. Over the course of her service, she destroyed hundreds of Marine battleships and became a enemy to the world government.

And on that battlefield she would've died , if not for the sudden interruption by the world's next strongest man.

* On the streets of Baldimore "

Orion sat with a beer in his hand and a cyborg monkey massaging his feet.

Not to far from him , Zayn was inside mechanized hot tub. Surprised that it did what it's name suggested.

" Just like the springs back home " the swordsman said.

" You got hot springs where you come from? " Orion asked while taking another sip from his beer.

Zayn nodded.
" Yes , the springs on mount Yukomo were the best. This makes me feel almost at home , just relaxing " he stated.

" Mount Yukomo? Where's that? "