6. Back to school (part 2)

(Please let me be in their class! Please let me be in their class!)

I look up my name, praying that I'll be in the same class as my friends and...

- Yeah!!!

E - we're in the same class?!

- yes!

E - with Dimi?

- yes!

E - great! We're all together!

- Yes! Great!

D - (he approaches us and wraps both arms around us).
Cool! We're together this year.

E - You bet! Last year you weren't with us, but this year you'll be here!

- (I sigh) I think we should go.

E - You're right, let's go!

Demetrius and I laugh at his excitement and we all head for our classrooms.

(Come to think of it, it's strange that the teacher assigned to our class isn't graded. Must be an oversight. No big deal, as long as he's not a bad teacher).

I look at the clock in the hallway and stop.

(By now, the talk about preparations should be over. I wonder what class Anya will be in).

D - why do you stop?

- Hmm? (I look at him) It's nothing. I'm just wondering what class Anya might be in.

E - I can see you care a lot about your niece.

- ah? I hadn't noticed.

D - Usually, you only care about your sister, your brother or us, your friends.

- Well, it's normal for me to care about her, she became my niece not long ago. And I care about her.

E - You can see it! Look, we've arrived.

We arrive in front of the classroom, we can hear whispers from outside.

Boy 1 - the angel is in this classroom!

Boy 2 - I'm so happy!

Girl 1 - her again!

Girl 2 - she couldn't get away from here. She steals all the boys every time!

- (sighs) Here we go again, the boys idolize me and the girls are jealous of me, not all of them but most of them.
So I'll never have any peace!

D - Don't worry, we're here.

E - You mean we'll always be here!
Don't be afraid miti, they won't dare hurt you and we'll be there for you!
Right, Demetrius?

D - of course. You can count on me, girls!

E - You see. We'll be fine, and we don't have many years left here anyway.

- Um, you're right, we mustn't get discouraged.

We enter and a loud hush falls.

We choose our seats (2nd row in the middle), the good thing being that the tables are in rows of three.

The bell rings and the teacher enters.

(Great! He's our main teacher).

Professor - hello everyone, for those who don't know me yet I'm Mr. Evans, English teacher and general supervisor of the 5th boarding school <<MALCOM>>.
And I'll be your homeroom teacher this year.