13. My brother - part 2

Nee-san explained the reason for this sudden visit. He had heard from one of his colleagues that Yor was married, so he wanted to see who his brother-in-law was and celebrate his "wedding".

Y - So, yes... He insists on coming over and congratulating us. What shall we do ? He won't find out this marriage is fake, will he?

She said worriedly to Loid. Personally, I was over the moon! I hadn't seen my big brother in a long time, so I couldn't wait for him to arrive.

L - Don't worry. I've prepared lovey-dovey couple accessories for just this sort of occasion.

He pulled out a box from his room and began to install photos of us all happy, a mug with a heart on it for the two adults' toothbrushes and even a blanket with a huge heart on it for their marital bed.

- (He really is prepared... I wonder how he did the photos, I don't remember taking so many with them...)

They looked at each other, blushing.

A - Papa and Mama are flirting.

At the same time, they shouted the opposite, and I looked at them, laughing a little at Anya's comment.

- (It wouldn't be so bad if they really were... I wouldn't have to lie to Big Brother and Yor could be even happier with a companion).

●●●

- (It's getting really cold the night, now...)

I blew and smoke came out of my mouth and nostrils. I rubbed my hands together and blew on them to warm them briefly.

I saw my snakes returning from their walk in the park and I put my hand down. They climbed up and wrapped themselves around me, as they always did.

- Well, we can go home now.

I started walking towards home.

- (The walk's over, my homework's done, I've already study and we've eaten...)

I looked at the time on my watch.

- (Anya must be in bed.)

●●●

The door slammed behind me. I hurriedly took off my coat and shoes and ran into the living room.

My brother was sitting on the armchair and Yor and Loid on the sofa. The living room table was covered with aperitif food and a wine he'd probably brought.

He turned and saw me, stood up and I ran into his open arms to welcome him.

- Big brother!

Yu - Miti!

we said at the same time. He handed me a bouquet of blue lilies.

- Thank you ! They're my favorite, I love you!

I took the bouquet and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

- I'm glad you came! I wanted to see you again.

Yu - I missed you too, Mitsuko.

He gave me a head pat before we sit.

Loid served a glass of wine to Yuri and himself, avoiding Yor's glass for obvious reasons and mine in the process.

Yu - So, where did you two meet?

L - At the boutique on 3rd street.

Loid replied with a smile.

Yo - It was so surprising for a man I didn't know to stare at me like that.

L - Er, well... She was just so beautiful, you know... After a few dinners, we realized we had a lot in common.