33. The cruise (part 2)

Warning! The next chapters contain violent scenes with blood. So read with caution or skip the scenes!

------------------------------------------------------------------

- So... 8056... 8056... Ah, found it!

I take out the key Nee-san entrusted me with earlier to the room we'll be sharing for the next three days on this liner.

I push it into the lock, turn it, and push open the door. I enter, excited to discover this new place.

- (The room is magnificent!)

There are two single beds, perfectly arranged with tons of cushions on top. Next to each bed is a lamp, and between the two beds is a small bedside table. To the left of the room is some wooden furniture, a sink, a coffee machine and a tea set. To the right is a large bay window overlooking the sunlit sea. Opposite the beds are paintings of the port we left not more than an hour ago.

I place my bag and small handbag on the bed nearest the windows. I let Mei and Kumo off my neck and let them explore a little. I then head for the wooden furniture and open it one by one. I find plates, glasses, sugar and even little cookies and tea bags!

After my exploration of this first-class room, I leave again, taking my two little angels, my handbag and not forgetting to close the door behind me.

●●●

I've been looking for Loid and Anya in the common room for a few minutes now.

- (We said we meet in about ten minutes... Where are they?).

I circle the room for the umpteenth time and finally spot them. I approach them without wasting any more time.

A - Papa ! We need to hurry up and explore the ship before it sinks!

I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh. The others turn to the little girl and look at her in shock.

- (This is going to be an eventful trip, I can feel it already)

L - It's not going to sink! Stop scaring everyone!

Then Loid starts looking around with a serious look on his face. I finish joining them and take my place next to them.

A - Big sister! You're back!

She then turns in Loid's direction.

A - Papa, you're not having fun.

He flinches a little before resuming his composition and declaring in a determined tone:

L - Why don't we go see a show?!

●●●

L - Don't eat too much just because it's a buffet... that goes for you too...

Loid looks at us with a look I can't quite describe. I look at my plate, which is full of desserts, then at the five other plates underneath.

- I don't think it's much.

He gives me a confused look, the same as Anya's when she finishes what's in her mouth. She turns to the fourth empty chair at the table.

A - It's been a while since we've had dinner without mama.

L - Yeah, it's a bit lonely.

- (She's probably playing bodyguard for someone right now...)

Anya turns to Loid with a calm look.