28. The tail

- What do you mean you got shot in the butt?!

Y - Shh!! Keep it down!

I shut up almost instantly, but the worry and panic still showed on my face. Nee-san then began to tell me what had happened that late evening. She had just killed some men from the "Red Circus", was answering a call from her "boss" and had paid no attention to a man who had 

stayed alive and shot at her.

She lay on her stomach on her bed, grumbling in pain.

- Do you want something to eat?

I saw her shake her head, so I wished her good night, turned off the light and closed the door behind me before returning to the living room where Loid and Anya were waiting for me.

L - Well?

I shook my head to assure them that Yor wasn't joining us for dinner. Loid leaned against the wall in despair, at which point he thought of several scenarios that might have upset his wife and made her stay in her room without wishing to see them.

I watched Loid wallow in self-pity while Anya resumed her spy show with Bond.

I glanced at Loid after I'd settled down on the sofa.

- (I think Loid has misunderstood! Nee-san isn't mad, she's just in a lot of pain! But hey, why should I clear up this misunderstanding? I'm sure he'll give her a dream day tomorrow to try and calm her down, even if she wasn't angry to begin with. But the real question is: is Nee-san really going to enjoy tomorrow if she's in so much pain?)

●●●

They face each other. My big sister's face is disastrous, perfectly reflecting the pain she's feeling 

while Loid.... Well... He looks more desperate than last night!

L - Good morning.

Nee-san answered in a deep voice. Loid paused for a moment before asking him what I'd already predicted:

L - Yor! We're both off today, so...

He approached her, placing a hand on his chest.

L - Why don't we go on a date ?

Y - A d-d...

L - I want to thank you for always helping me with raising Anya and the chores. I'd like you to relax to the utmost today.

Yor was turning redder and redder as the seconds passed, so she murmured:

Y - A date...

She lowered her head with a confused look. Loid, seeing her change of mood, hastened to say:

L - Um... We don't have to go if you're not feeling well.

She stood up with renewed determination and shouted her acceptance. She then ran into the bedroom to get dressed.

Anya had just woken up and announced that she wanted to come too.

- Anya, it's a couples' day out, which means we can't come.

A - Too bad...

- (But that doesn't mean we can't keep an eye on them!)

Anya raised her head and looked at me with one of her smiles... I don't even know how to describe it, but I know that at that moment, we shared the same idea.

- (I'll be able to keep an eye on Loid like this! Mwaha ha ha ha!!! And that way, if he tries anything with my ailing Nee-san, we'll find him on the news the next day, drowned in a trash bag! ... Ah~ I love myself for having such good plans!)