25. The tennis competition

- (I still don't know why Loid asked to practice tennis...)

This morning, Loid called us into the living room and told us he wanted to practice tennis with us. So that's why we're in the park right now with a racket, except for Anya.

A - No fair! Anya wants to play tennis, too!

Yor leaned towards her, a racket in her hand.

Y - Then why don't we all play together ?

After I'd passed her a racket, she started twirling it in imitation of a player. 

Yor threw balls at her and Anya was missing every time. I turned my head to see what Loid was doing. He was bouncing the ball against his racket, and I approached him.

- Do you want to play with me ?

He looked at me and nodded with an "um". 

We started playing quietly, but the game went on to a match that ended in Loid's defeat. Yor and Anya applauded the match.

A - Wow!

Y - You're as strong as always, Miti!

I raised a thumb in the air, calmly catching my breath. I glanced at Loid and saw that he was struggling to catch his breath. I moved towards him.

POV Loid:

- (How can she be so good?! I can't even catch my breath! I've never met anyone who surpasses me so much in an activity... This sister duo is really scary. I still get chills when Yor almost beat me when we went to the castle for Anya's gift...)

I saw Mitsuko coming towards me, and I sat up, coughing slightly.

M - How are you? How are you holding up? Would you like some water?

She passed me a flask before I had a chance to ask for some.

- Thank you, Miti.

M - You're welcome!

She says with a big smile on her face.

- (Her smile often reminds me of sunlight: it's like an aura forming around her, making her shine even brighter than she already does with her beauty...)

I gave the bottle back to her when I'd finished drinking it down.

POV Mitsuko:

- By the way, may I ask why this sudden urge to play tennis?

L - One of our business partners in the medical field invited us to a tennis competition.

I looked at him with stars in my eyes as he uttered his answer.

- Really?!

He looked at me a little perturbed by my sudden excitement, but nodded all the same.

- A competition! I love those!

L - Ah, sorry but it's just between colleagues...

- Oh...

I said, a little disappointed, but I recovered quickly.

- All right, never mind!

A - Mama! Get the ball, please !

We turned to see Anya and Bond also holding a racket in his mouths.

A - Mama!

She kept calling Yor but she didn't answer. Anya approached her eventually to see what was going on. I approached her too, seeing Nee-san's lack of response.