12. My brother

? - Now, who can answer this for me?

Many students in my class raised their hands, including me.

Emi was one of the students who didn't raise her hand. The teacher's gaze fell on her. Her body froze.

? - Can you tell me the answer of this equation, Miss Tsutumi?

E - It's... 73x ?

? - That's wrong. Anyone else?

She lowered her head, dejected, and I tapped her shoulder to comfort her.

? - Yes, Mister Desmond?

D - The answer is - 48x, sir.

? - That's right.

The teacher continued. Demetrius looked at Emi with those eyes: you've seen the pro.

She looked at him sulkily and replied. I watched them bicker. It was the last class of the day, and what a long day it was!

This morning I woke up late, so I couldn't take Mei and Kumo out. I got scolded because I was late. Afterwards, in the canteen it was spinach and fish (I don't like it at all), the teachers decided to bully us because they all decided to give us tons of homework for the next few days and the lessons went too SLOWLY, so I looked at the clock at each lesson and they went by even slower! And to top it all off, because that wasn't enough, of course I got my period. So since this morning, I've been suffering.

All I want to do now is get into my bed, crawl under my comforter and stay there. But that won't be possible because I have to go for a walk with my snakes since I didn't do that this morning, I have to do my homework, take a shower, and study before going to sleep without forgetting to eat a little.

What a day.

My smile reappears on my face when I hear the bell, I quickly put my things away, press the two idiots to hurry up and take their hands so we can move faster.

●●●

- I'm home!

I shout, closing the front door behind me. I put my coat and shoes away and head for the kitchen.

L - Good evening Miti.

A - Hi, big sister!

Anya was watching her favorite cartoon about spies and Loid was reading a newspaper.

I started heating the kettle. When the water was ready, I put it in the kettle and put the stopper to block the water inside. I walked over to the sofa and lay down on it. I put the kettle on my stomach and what a relief it was! I felt so alive again.

L - What's wrong?

He asked worriedly.

- It's normal, don't worry.

He understood what I meant and went back to his newspaper.

A - How many bullets can Bondman's pistol hold ?

He raise his head.

L - Hm ? I'm pretty sure it was eight.

A - So that's two-eighths!

He stood up, surprised.

L - Yes ! You're right !

A - He has two-eighths of his bullets left!

L - How do you even know those words ?

Suddenly, we heard the door slam and Yor came running towards us in panic.

Y - Th-Th-Th-Th-There's trouble, Loid !

Loid replied calmly.

L - Welcome home, Yor.

I turned my head toward her.

- Welcome home, Nee-san.

Anya said randomly.

A - He has two-eighths of his bullets left!

Yor looked at her but returned to Loid rapidly.

Y - Yuri... I mean, my younger brother is coming here today !

His head decomposed and he shouts.

L - Today ?!

I jumped off the sofa and barely caught the hot water bottle.

- Really!? So cool!

The chapter is finished!

Thanks for reading and don't hesitate to comment or vote if you liked it!