CHAPTER 1

I was going through the brochure of the college which i already had my mind fixed on . Even before coming to the college for the first hand experience to see the campus i was totally fixed to take my admission in here.

I am going to start my college life soon and yet cannot help but to think of it as a pain in the ass . So many people around me who are going to be my batchmates and seniors soon enough.
After waiting for 2 hours finally my admission was done , i had to submit some documents which cannot be done online hence i had to be physically present in the college ifself . Fees paid , admission done . Now i can meet my friend peacefully. I was walking towards the main gate of my architectural college when i saw a superbike!! Can you believe it? A real superbike it was the NINJA H2R , well normally i am not much into bikes but my friend is ,  so i took a photo of the bike (so were people around me) and felt my phone vibrating , the friend who i was supposed to be meeting was calling so picked up.

"Where are you idiot?" Mehh chill i said , "at the college gate , can't see you anywhere though" i looked around me to confirm what i just said and he wasn't visible "i am at the gate too , near the benches" , he said. I replied "ok wait there" . I headed towards that direction and many people were staring at me i mean who wont look at a beautiful nerd like me ofcourse i look good but really? Today? I am literally not looking good today , i have my hair tied in a claw clip and no it's not messy . Plus i am wearing average clothes.

Oh there he is , the boy with dark wavy hairs which is kinda messy he also wears big rectangular glasses in which he looks like a studious kid kinda tall and i mean literally "kinda" cuz he is just 5'9 if i ever were to wear heals i would be same as him cuz i am literally 5'5 . "Yoo noobbbb" i said . "So admission and all done?"he asked to which i didnt reply i just nodded my head . After we started walking  i asked "cafe or street food?" Though i already knew he was going to say street food "not cafe atleast" .

After 20 minutes we both were in subway eating chicken wraps. Many a times we both dont agree for a thing so instead of arguing we choose the path which is in the middle , hence not a cafe and not street food either. While we both were distracted eating i opened my phone gallery and showed him the photo i took for him of the NINJA H2R and his reaction was worth it . His face was literally saying "one day we are gonna have the same money , gotta be rich right?" . "Yeah definitely" we both started talking about our new colleges .

Yeah 'colleges' cause we are at different ones. His hometown is a small city which is situated near Lucknow in uttarpradesh (North India) and from now on he will be in the same city as me that is churchgate which is central mumbai. He will be living in the hostel which belongs to his college and i am still searching for a pg which is paying guest . I never intended to live in a hostel , they are kinda shitty . But even the PGs here are costly and i belong to a middle class family.

He asked after seeing me being so silent "what about the PG ?" I replied while i was chewing "haven't found one that is affordable yet , its fine though i mean the house aint that far i can travel through train for some days" he nodded and said "let's go to the fashion street , i want to buy a good cargo" .

I instantly replied "oh good so you finally agree with me that you have a shitty fashion sense huh so you are taking me there , good . Good choice" he had a smirk on his face "yeah right, you can convince yourself however you want short heighted kid"
"Bruhh look who is saying , 4 inches dont matter much" we both were finished with our wraps so we stood up "ouch , dont hurt men's feelings like that 4 inches does matter" we started to head towards the door of the subway " uhuh " we both took a taxi and headed to fashion street while i was in taxi i got a text by a unknown number saying "Maya?" My friend was peeping in the phone and i gladly welcomed him to he asked me "who would that be ?"  .
"Dont know"
Before replying to the message i looked at the profile . It was a message on whatsapp so obviously we can look at the profile without viewing the message. Well got nothing though, profile is just blank like mine is so i had no option but to reply so i did , "yes it is , and you are?"

But then we were at the destination where we wanted to reach so put the phone in my pocket and he paid the money for the taxi we got out and then the bargaining began . He is the extrovert friend so he did the pricing stuff and i just selected good clothes .

He only intended to get one cargo but we bought one pair of shoes , a watch and two cargos . Yeah kind of exceeded the expectation. "We bought more than i should have , wasted my money " i replied smiling "already?" He just gave me a look and ignored and we already wasted 3 hours so we got out of that street and were going to the station cause i had to go home so he was just keeping me company.

I opened the WhatsApp to see if i got the reply from that person and saw 3 messages . I opened the chat page saying "oh well hello , i am sabrina i live near horniman circle garden actually i was searching for people who are in need of a PG and my friend gave me your number so are you interested?" I turned my phone screen towards him indicating him to read it , he did and said "just say yes already"
"Yeah stfu kid i know" he snatched my phone and started typing but how dare he to snatch my phone "if the phone were to fall down because of you . I . Will . Fucking. Kill. You"
"Yeah dont worry i won't ".

i started to watch the screen too , being curious about what he is doing , then he turned the phone and gave it to me , i saw the message he had typed , it said "yes ofcourse i am , though i cannot afford too expensive thing right now .. you know how it is for a college student right?" I instantly read it and said "that sounds too cheap ...but its kind off honest so i guess ill just send it" and i did.

We were at the station by now so i said "i will let you know about my conversation with sabrina , so now fuck off" he made a look and said "yeah sure , now get lost" i turned as my train was already here and started walking towards it , i turned back again to him , he was still there when i showed him my middle finger cause i like to tease him , he did the same. We have a hot and cold friendship. I was now in the train and waving him bye byee , he was now gone too . Just being far from him makes my kind of lonely though ...so i just opened my WhatsApp again and i had few messages .