In The Pursuit of Love

"Allah is sufficient for me, none has the right to be worshipped except Him, upon Him I rely and He is Lord of the exalted throne."

"Careful there is glass" Zeeshan warned. They both jumped out and Zeeshan ran towards the wall, Nargis in tow. They could hear noises of men and their hurried footsteps approaching and Zeeshan realised that he was wrong and that he had made a mistake. Actually, Two.

One that the wall was obviously too high to climb over in a haste, for Allah's sake it took him a lot of time to climb in.

Second, judging from the noises and footsteps, there sure weren't only two guards at the house. He had gone totally blank not knowing what to do.

Nargis saw him zoning out in panick and looked around. The voices were coming nearer and so she grabbed his arm and ran towards the direction they had come from, but not before unwrapping the handkerchief from Zeeshan's hand and throwing it towards the wall.

"Nargis what are you doing?" Zeeshan whisper yelled as they ran towards the room.

"We need to confuse them right now, that's our only option" she replied as they passed the room and turned around the corner not before looking for any potential threat.

But.. it was a dead end.

They looked behind in panick and could see the shadows of men coming near. There was only a small space more like a crevice alongside the wall of the room. Nargis couldn't think anything else but to fit in this small space.

"Sorry Zeeshan" having said that Nargis pushed him towards the wall and squeezed herself in, her hands on either side of him just to make that centimetre of a distance between themselves, to avoid touching.

Zeeshan had his eyes wide, his breath stuck in his throat as he balled his fists to his sides. The position reminded him of the same situation they had been in before. Only, the positions were switched now. His heart hammered against his chest as he looked at Nargis taking deep breaths, her eyes closed.

They could hear voices. Men talking among themselves in loud voices, fearing the wrath of their master for the captive had escaped.

They both were praying with all their heart hoping that the men don't decide to look where they were hiding.

Ya Rabbi, please help us.

Just then Zeeshan's phone vibrated indicating a call. He immediately fished inside his pocket albeit quite attentively so as to not touch a hair on Nargis, his mother's words resonating in his ears.

It was his father.

"Dad" he whispered.

"Oh Alhumdulillah" his dad cried from the other end. "Are you okay? Where are you?" he asked impatiently.

"I am fine Dad. I am inside the house," he whispered hoping his father could hear him clearly. He quickly explained the situation in brief.

"Okay, just hang on for some more time. I am standing at a little distance from the house. You said you are at the back of the house, yes. Okay I am coming towards the back. You guys need to come out immediately."

"No Dad, I think you might need to distract these men to remove them from here"

"But- Okay. Just..hang on. Don't be afraid okay. Your dad is here now"

Zeeshan nodded and disconnected the call.

To be honest, he was afraid. For Nargis and for himself. He couldn't help but the bits and pieces of the past, of his sufferings, kept coming back and his legs trembled.