Serendipity

The Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him) said: "Shall I not tell you who will be forbidden from the fire? Every gentle, soft hearted and kind person." – Tirmidhi

**********

Upon reaching home, he had tried to dodge all the questions which were directed at him by his family, and after having dinner and praying Isha, retired to bed with no intention of sleeping. He knew he wouldn't be able to. After all the events of today he just couldn't, and sleep was the last thing on his mind.

As soon as his back hit the bed, his mind started playing the events like a movie, and soon came to pause at the scene where he was just an inch apart from her. His hand immediately went up to his chest above his heart, which had started beating profusely at just the mere thought. He had no idea how he had controlled himself from falling when he actually was close to her.

What the hell was he thinking??

He shook his head muttering a lot of Astaghfirullahs. What he did was the need of the hour. He was trying to save a life aaand he was trying to convince himself.

He groaned and covered his face with the sheet cursing himself for all the haram thoughts. He tossed and turned with all the thoughts creating a chaos in his mind. And with another round of his selection process coming up, he sure had a lot on his plate. And then there was Mehreen's marriage.

He let out a loud groan and pulled at his hair frustratingly.

Ya Allah. Please help me.

And he just knew what would help him calm down at this moment. He started doing dhikr. And within no time sleep overtook him.

He was awoken by the alarm on his phone. Dismissing it, he turned the other side, but was then startled with the loud bang on his door.

"fajr time" was all the person has to say, before he banged once more and left, not before Zeeshan calling out that he was awake. Because he knew, his father will come back again in a few minutes, only to satiate his hunger for banging the door. Kidding.

Sitting up, he walked to the washroom to make wudu, and spreading the prayer mat, started his prayer. He stood up doing dhikr, and walked towards the rusty window, which overlooked the garden in their house. The morning hues of orange and blue brightened up the sky, the sounds of birds echoing around, in the otherwise silent neighbourhood.

SubhanAllah. Was all he could whisper upon seeing the beauty of the sunrise, the vast sky, the beautiful chirping of the birds and the various colours that filled the sky.

A certain face of a certain person popped up in his mind and he sighed audibly. Turning around, he walked up to his wardrobe and shrugging away his nightclothes, wore a jeans and t-shirt and made his way out of his room. A grumble from his stomach made him turn towards the kitchen, before he slipped out of the main door.

As soon as he set his foot inside the kitchen, he saw his father standing, his back facing him. He stopped right that instant and started taking slow steps backwards, but he was too late, for at the same moment, he turned around, with a raised brow.

He stopped and walked inside casually, as if he wasn't trying to run away a few seconds earlier. Opening the fridge, he ducked his face inside, his eyes widening, pretending to find something, fearing his father's question. And as soon as this thought popped in his mind, he heard his voice,

"Where are you going this early?" he closed his eyes and stood back, with an apple in his hand.

"Just for a walk" he shrugged 'casually' as if his heart wasn't pounding in his ribcage, and as if his breathing was very normal. He turned around quickly and was about to exit when he was again called making him halt in his tracks. He almost stopped breathing, as if a thief was caught in his mischief.

"Bring some jalebis. Your mother likes them." That made him relax and he nodded.

"Here, take the money" his father called and he turned around only to refuse.

"Papa, I have the money. Its okay". But he stepped forward and pulling his hand, he kept some bills in his hand, which were more than what was required to buy the jalebis.

"But its-" Zeeshan started but his father turned around and walked away with a tray of two cups of tea in his hand.

"Make sure that they are fresh, crispy and hot. Your mother has been upset these days thinking that Mehreen will leave. This will cheer her a little, I hope" his father said softly, stopping on his way and that made a small smile appear on his lips. His father sure loved his mother and cared for her immensely, he didn't show it, but that's okay. Some things are better left unsaid and hidden.

Making his way out the main door, the first thing that welcomed him was the fresh cool breeze that swept past his face, making him close his eyes at the smooth touch. Taking a deep breath and muttering a Bismillah, he walked towards his destination, munching on his apple.

The streets were all empty almost, a few vehicles passing by and some people jogging. He spotted a shop making fresh jalebis and stopped to buy, but his father's voice resonated in his mind. Fresh. Crispy. Hot.

He decided otherwise and walked further, his lips in constant dhikr. He had a mission in hand and he didn't know how much time it will take, which may delay his return back to his house.

A few minutes later, he saw the hotel coming in view and his heart started racing. His mind started having inner conflict with his heart and he contemplated whether it was a good idea to come here after what she had told him off yesterday.

But soon his thoughts came to a halt and his breathing stopped with what he saw in front of his eyes. She was being taken away by two men, their backs towards him. She kept thrashing and wiggling in their hands, but to no avail.

All his thoughts washed away as he saw her being taken away and he stood rooted to his spot, blank. He didn't know what to do and so without any thinking, he looked around and picked up a brick and ran towards them having only one thought in his mind that he had to save her.

As he neared them, he hit one man on the back of his head and with a loud cry he fell down, freeing her hand. Quick in his reflexes, Zeeshan kicked the other man making him fall face first on the ground, before he could even react and then bending forward hit his head with the brick too, making him go unconscious.

Zeeshan breathed heavily, and was overly shocked to see what he had done. He lifted his gaze towards her and she had the same expressions which mirrored his, a few tears running down and a large tape covering her mouth.

Vote. Comment. Share. :)