Chapter 22

You ever have the feeling where you just want to punch yourself in the face. Well, that was the feeling that I was experiencing. I was dating Michael but I liked Luke. Yeah, I finally admitted it to myself after the morning that he was so close to me. Today was the day that I was going to talk to Luke about my feelings about him and I hoped that everything would go along smoothly. Oh, who was I kidding. I knew that today was going to end up with someone being broken hearted. I stared at the ceiling for a while as I let these thoughts run through my head. I heard the sound of the front door being opened.

"Hey Jamie, what are you doing" Ashton said as he sat down at my feet.

"I'm just thinking about some things" I said sitting up. I started to run the outcomes of talking to Ashton about my problem. I knew that he was a great listener and would never judge me but I also knew that he was best friends with the other boys.

"Wanna tell me what's going on" he asked moving closer. I put my head on his shoulder and I broke down into tears. I ended up telling him everything including about Michael doing the dirty.

"Well, it sounds like you really do care for Luke" he said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Just be careful of your next couple of moves" he said. I looked at him for a moment before pulling him into a big hug.

"Thank you so much" I said as more tears leaked from my eyes. He started to rub my back as he tried to calm me down.

"What's going on in her" a voice said from the door way. We both turned our heads to see Michael looking very pissed off.

"Your girlfriend was having a bit of a problem with her emotions so I acted like her own Doctor Phil" Ashton said as he moved away from me.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what you were doing" he said while glaring at Ashton.

"You know Jamie, you've been acting really weird lately and I don't know what that means but I see the way you look at Luke" he said. My eyes got wide as he shook his head and started to walk this way.

"It's not what it looks like" I said standing up. He put his hand up in order to silence me.

"Jamie, I liked you for quite some time now and I know that I'm not Luke, I thought that if you saw how other people looked at you, you might forget about Luke. I'm sorry for taking away what you truly loved" Michael said. I shook my head because I had no clue what the hell was going on.

"What do you" I started to asked but Michael cut me off again.

"Go find Luke" he said as he handed me the car keys and pushed me out the door. I stood outside the door trying to find out what the hell had just happened. Michael just told me to go find Luke even though he said that he liked me. I shook my head as I tried to clear all of these thoughts. I got in the car and started the engine. I was going to find my best friend.