Chapter 4

After I texted my brother and told him that I was staying over at Luke's place, we put out sleeping bags for all of us. Around midnight we all got into our sleeping bags.

"Goodnight guys" I said.

"Goodnight Jamie" they said back all at the same. As I lay there listing to the boys soft snores I thought of my ex-boyfriend. I remembered that I never texted him. I wiggles out of my sleeping bag and walked to where my phone was. There were 15 missed texts from Brad. As I was reading through them one caught my eye.

"Why would he ever say that" a voice said behind me. I jumped up and dropped my phone to the ground. I turned around to see Luke standing there in his sweat pants.

"I don't understand what you're saying" I say trying to draw the subject away from Brad.

"Why should he threaten to slap and kick you" Luke asked. My eyes got wide and my face paled.

"I know what he does to you Jamie" he said. If it was even possible my eyes got even bigger.

"How do you know" I asked.

"You think I don't see the bruises and cuts, and you don't think I hear you cry" he said. I shook my head no.

"I can't believe that he still does this to you and to think you even dumped him" Luke said while shaking his head.

"I'm sorry" I said. By this time tears were filling my eyes

"Hey don't cry Jamie, it isn't your fault" he said. I nodded my hard and wiped a few stray tears away.

"Thank you for being such a great friend" I said while walking towards. I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a hug.

"Anytime Jamie" he said. The tone of his voice made him sound like he was hurt.

"Are you okay Luke" I asked. He shook his head yes even though I could see the tears in his eyes.

"Okay, well good night Luke I'm going back to sleep" I said letting go of him.

"Goodnight Jamie" he said back. As I made my way back into the living room filled with three sleeping boys, I wondered why Luke sounded so hurt after I said that. As I lay in my sleeping bag thinking about that I slowly fell asleep.

Luke's POV

"Thank you for being such a great friend" Jamie said while walking towards me. She wrapped her tiny arms around me, giving me a hug.

"Anytime" I said. I really meant it but the way she called me her friend. Is that all I am to her? Am I just a friend?

"Are you okay Luke" she asked me. I shook my head yes even though I had tears in my eyes.

"Well, okay Luke good night I'm going to bed" she said while letting go of me.

"Goodnight Jamie" I said back to her. I heard her soft footsteps go into the living room and her crawl into her sleeping bag. I decide to go up to my room. As I walked up the stairs I wondered why she didn't see the way I saw her. When I got to my room I threw myself on the bed and cried. That night I cried myself to sleep.