Chapter 1

As I stared out the window with my guitar on my lap, I wondered why I was always so depressed. Maybe it was because of my abusive ex-boyfriend or maybe my dead parents.

*flashback*

The headlights of the semi-truck was all I heard the breaking of the glass. I was thrown from my seat and onto the grass. I watched my parent's car ram into the tree being smashed like a child's hands smashing play-doh. Many cars drove by until I finally heard the wail the cop cars and ambulance.

"Mommy, Daddy, Jace" I screamed hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Oh my god you're still alive" a paramedic said rushing over to me. She picked me up and brought me over to that ambulance. I saw the people working away on my mom and dad but I didn't see my brother. I looked around until I finally found him walking towards us. I jumped up and ran over to him. I wrapped my 7 years old arms around his 12 years old waist.

"Jace what's wrong with mom and dad" I asked him. He looked down at me tears seeping from the corner of his eyes.

"I think that they might be dead" he said tears rolling down his face. I sat down and broke down into tears. My loving parents were dead.

*end of flashback*

.

Just the thought of my parents wanted to make me throw up. In fact I did. I stood up an ran to the bathroom. It just kept coming and coming. I heard running footsteps coming from upstairs. I knew that it was Jace.

"Jamie are you okay" my brother asked me. I finally finished and leaned up against the tub. I weakly shook my head yes. Jace nodded and stood up. He picked me up and carried me to my room.

He opens the door and laid me on my bed. My room was pretty neat if you ask me. It had over 100 different band posters. It also had a drum kit because I played the drums. In fact my dad taught me when I was 5. Jace pulled the covers up to my chin.

"Go to sleep Jamie" he said. I weakly nodded. He walked out of my room gently closing my door. I laid on my back looking at the ceiling trying to fall to sleep. Who was I kidding? I couldn't go to sleep so I texted my best friend. Luke was the only person who I trusted.

Jamie: hey hemmings:)

Luke: hey bestie:)

Jamie: what r u doing

Luke: playing with the boys

Jamie: that sounds wrong;)

Luke: sorry:(

Jamie: can I come over

Luke: yep

Jamie: c u in 5

Luke: bye:)