Ch 7: Off to Frankfurt

A dim light was flashing in a room,  Dev Malik was sitting on chair in his study room thinking deep. The new about Sharks already reached his ears. However, his mind was working on different directions. Lately Meera was causing disappointments to him, he was retrospecting his decision whether give her the empire is a correct decision- shall he take a back seat. Is she worth it ? 

His chain of thoughts was broken by Danish who enteredhis room,"Dad, are you okay." He smiled at his son, he is the only one who supported him in his every decision. "Yeah, I am good just these Sharks. I didn't believe they would betray us like this."

"Yes, it is surprising for me to, Meera too went to meet them ! Probably she would give us the better details..", he purposely called out her name making Dev Malik to think what happened with Meera. 

"Where is she.. ?", he asked little strictly. Danish shrugged his shoulder,"I don't she hasn't returned since yesterday. Let me call her."

Just he was about to call her, he saw her coming towards her father's room. But she was limping a little. As soon she entered he greeted her with his smirked full smile,"Hey Sista, what happened to your leg.."

Though, Meera was not in mood to entertain him,  still she knew she has to maintain a  co-relation with him infront of their father with her so called brother,"Just a little accident". Quickly turning towards her father she explained the situation,"Dad, Sharks are no more reliable to us. They are not trust worthy. They even tried to capture me. Thanks to Ka--", she stopped abruptly. 

Was she about to say Kaali rescued her. Her conscious brain kicked her, her dad would kill her right now if she spill any beans about Bakshi's specially about Kaali. 

But Dev Malik didn't hear her,"Thanks to whom. Weren't you capable enough to fight them". her face fell, her father was more about whether she was able to show her power or not. "I did Dad, I did". But he showed his hand, asking her to mute. She wanted to say she fought her will but then she was drugged by them. But she knew her father would take it only as an excuse.

A pin-drop silence prevailed in the room, only a silent tapping of Dev Malik's finger on the table was echoing throughout the whole room. Danish, thought to break the silence as it was not going anywhere,"Anyways, Dad, let's proceed with the movement of the consignment to other places. We will find another dealer for Dubai-". However, Danish was silenced. His father gestured at him, he turned towards his daughter and asked,"Where were you yesterday...?"

She was aghast at the sudden question,"Wha--What..?" She couldn't frame her mind, wasn't prepared that her father would ask such a question. He wasn't doing it out of concern, but she could feel a pang of suspicion in his words.

"Where were you last night, Ms. Meera Dev Malik??", he asked with a little more stern tone. But then, all of a sudden a memory flashed into her brain. "I am not answerable to you, Ms. Meera Dev Malik"

Her mind was processing yesterday's events and questions from her father. Seeing his daughter lost somewhere, he called out to her loudly,"Meera.. I asked you something.." She opened her mouth to say something,"Dad, I-- actually.. I ..." for the very first time she fumbled in front of her father, she always had an answer for him. But today she was hesitant, she wasn't able to form some words. Her mind and heart were not in sync to formulate an answer. She knew with each growing seconds, she was giving a hunch that she was hiding something from them. But thankfully, to her content, Danish spoke,"Dad, she must be running away from the Sharks and probably hiding somewhere.. right Meera.."

Meera was in a situation that she can't deny any excuse Danish made, because she wasn't ready with one. "Yeah..Like this..."

Instead of being satisfied by her answer, Dev Malik showed his disappointment,"Hmm - being a Mafia running away from mere smugglers. What else is left !", saying he left from there, leaving Meera disturbed. She felt her father was not trusting her enough. Well, she didn't give many opportunities to him either.