Ch 25: Be mine

** Mature content ahead**

Meera accelerated her car; in the morning it was working fine. It seems like God has plans for her to spend a night that would give her heart a warm rest. She drove insanely, pressing the accelerator; she wanted to run. Her tears were not stopping; she had enough; she couldn't give Kaali more pain. Her presence and the actions of her family had already caused much damage to him.

She abruptly stopped the car in front of her house. Wiping her tears, she entered, pretending to be busy. She asked the cleaning staff, "Where is Ishita?"

Keeping herself busy, she kept the car keys in the drawer and poured a glass of warm water into her glass when her cleaning staff said, "She went to the cafe; there were some more guests coming around," saying she resumed back to her work. Meera sighed a little; at least she would be able to compose herself before Ishita came back home. She asked the cleaning lady to leave. Listen, "take the day off; I need to rest a bit."

Saying she gave the day off for the rest and closed the doors. She was all by herself. That was probably what she needed right now. Her mind was a mess, and her emotions were working up, making her vulnerable to making harsh decisions. Standing under the shower, some thoughts were climbing her mind: "Separating from Kaali is the wise decision. Once she is gone, he will be able to move ahead in his life."

But the moment this thought came across, her heart wrenched in pain. She can't allow herself to be with him; his hug still brings warmth to her. But then she can't weaken for sake of her own selfishness, for once she has to think about Kaali and others as well. Wiping herself, she wiped the last drop of tears, promising herself not to shed another one.

Quickly slipping a satin noodle strap at knee length nighty, she covered herself with a robe, loosely tying the knot. Drying her hair, she looked at herself one last time to compose herself and finally break all the ties with Kaali. He deserved happiness, and she is not his happiness.

She was in her deep thoughts when a sudden bell broke her chain of thoughts. Wondering who it could be, she took slow steps towards the door. The moment she opened it, she was shocked. "Kaali," a whisper escaped; immediately, taking a few steps back, she was blown out. What was more frightening was not his presence, but his eyes. They were fierce; they were shredding fire; those were more scary than the reason he was here.

She took some slow steps, waiting for him to enter her vicinity. As he entered, his steps were crushing her heartbeat. "Why, why are you here?" She tried to avoid his look, but his eyes were penetrating through her, making her numb and quivering at the same time.

He didn't say anything and took another step toward her, her breath quickening. "Kaa..Kaali.. what are you doing g here?" She took another step, afraid she wouldn't be able to hold herself the way his gaze was peeping at her. She took another few steps when her back collided with a wall behind her. Before she could move ahead, a hand was placed beside her, blocking her escape. Her breath fastened; she couldn't control herself and would leave herself to fall into his arms.

His eyes were red and fierce. He closed the distance and whispered in a dangerous tone, "Enough of your running away. ", He cupped her chin between his thumb and chin and sarcastically said,"You have played enough; now just stop it, Meera."

"Kaa.. Kaali That's what I am doing", she replied, gathering some courage. "Really," he smiled. Coming close to her, he murmured, almost touching her earlobe. "Will you be able to?"

"I have to." She rolled her fingers in a fist, closing her eyes, not letting her be affected by the proximity. "I am right, Meera; enough of your play. How can you say whatever happened between us is just a moment to forget?", He cupped her face both in his palms. "It was never a moment to love you. Rather, I felt this whole lifetime was too short to love you enough. Meera, please don't cut off your ties with me. You did it last time, but I won't let it happen this time. " He kissed her forehead.