Ch 12: Kiss with a Punch

Everyone applaud loudly but only thing Kaali heard, Meera getting engaged with someone. His heart stopped and so is his heartbeat. 

He saw her coming, dressed in beautiful wine color gown which has puff sleeves she was looking breath taking. Her appearance made his heart flutter and confuse as well. Whether his heart should break because of her treachery or should beat as she is looking breath taking. She is playing with her in all the senses. She again played with him. 

For Meera it was shock as well, but seeing her father and how happy he is, came descend towards the center looking at the man who would be her life partner. She can't deny her father's request, she knew. Her father gave her a ring for Stephen. 

For the first time, her hands shiver. She never felt such quaver in her body, but it was happening and rigorously. She took the ring  and was about to place on Stephen's finger it slipped from her hands and rolled towards someone. Kaali saw a ring rolling towards him, but he didn't budge from his place; he was stone-struck. Both of their eyes met, and it passed strange emotions within them. His eyes were revealing that she had again made a fool of him. She was stupefied to see him here. She wasn't expecting him to be here.

Anger was flowing out of Kaali's eyes, but he knew he had to maintain decorum. But his heart was breaking into more pieces as she placed the ring on Stephen's finger. Was he used as a play for her? His heart arched; he couldn't take it anymore and went from there with his father and friends. He was frustrated; he was in pain; he had never felt pain in his entire life like it felt today. She has urged him to betray him twice, and this time he can't even say it to anyone. Because meeting her and befriending her were his secrets,

"Malik is so unpredictable.. but I am happy at least his daughter won't come in our paths and disturb my son", his father stated, oblivious to the fact that Malik's daughter had already played with him AGAIN.

"But were they ready to get her married to him? You remember a few days ago about those leaked pictures. I guess they caught who did this,", Says Shakti. Somewhere he felt something fishy, but then it was the matter of other people's families; they did not need to think much.

Stephen tried to place the ring on her finger, but it seems Meera's finger was a little too large for it. He tried to make her wear it, causing her a little pain and making her skin redden due to the constant effort he was putting in. Ultimately, not able to bear the pain anymore, she took the ring from his hands and placed it in her fist. Everyone applauded and congratulated them. The party ended soon, and Meera was highly disappointed in what her father did.

The moment they stepped into the Malik mansion, she threw the ring to her father and bawled at him, "I am not engaged, and I am not going to marry that person."

"Shut up,", her father howled back. But this time she didn't terrorize; rather, with equal anguish, she retorted back, "I do not consider him my life partner. How could you plan this without my consent? I am not your slave, Dad, and I will do whatever you want. I don't want to listen to anything, so I just break the engagement. Though it doesn't exist for me as well".

Saying she took long strides towards her room and fall on her bed. She never had thought her life would change upside down. Her thoughts wander how her life twisted in last few days. Everything changed when Kaali went Sofia. 

Flashback

Meera was living her day as usual, but it wasn't a happy moment. She smiled a little only when a customer asked about her paintings or complimented them. Her lips would just arch a little, but from inside, she was feeling empty. A void filled within herself; she felt a presence missing around her. Was she missing Kaali? she questioned herself.