Ch 23: Enduring the pain

The ride to her home was quiet. Ishita had a lot to ask from her sister, but her ghostly face and no expression just made her wonder whether she was in a state to answer her questions or not. She felt her sister was storing a lot; for the first time, she saw such an outburst of emotion.

As soon as Kaali reached his house, he avoided everyone and went straight to his room. Veer was silently looking at his brother's steps, but he somewhere felt his brother needed him. He went to his room, only to find him standing by the window, but what shocked him was tears. Not a few, but a pool of tears streaming out of his eyes.

"Bhaiya." He immediately went to his brother, seeing him getting emotionally broken down. He didn't do anything; he just hugged his brother. His elder brother, like a father figure to him, was shedding tears like a baby. It fisted his heart to comfort his brother, slowly patting his back and letting him cry out his pain.

"I lost everything, Veer," he said. He was too broken to collect himself. The warmth of his brother's embrace broke his dam and let his emotions flood his mind, which came running out of his eyes. He hugged his brother equally, letting him shed the pain he had been carrying. He doesn't want to know if any conversation happened between Meera and his brother, but all he is worried about is his brother. He felt today was the last brink; now he has to step in between and know why she is being too rude to his brother.

He made his brother lay down and rest for a while. The very first time he saw his brother crying hysterically, he couldn't let this happen again. The pillar of his family felt weak just because of a person. He wiped the lone tear dropping from his eyes. He has to be strong for his brother, at least for his brother.

Next Day

Ishita looked at her sister, who was working and behaving like nothing had happened. Did she have any memory of last night? She wanted to ask, but she really wondered how her sister Taking the last bite of her toast, she called her sister,"Di..."

"Yes," Meera replied, but she was not meeting eyes with her younger one. She is so vulnerable right now that she could say anything. She replied to her while cleaning up the table.

"Actually, I wanted to know..." Ishita was skeptical about whether to ask or not. Her sister is not even responding to her properly. "Di..." she stood, following up her sister to the kitchen. Taking a deep breath, she asked,"Why did you slap Raj bhaiya last night?"

She finally asked the question that had been roaming in her mind since the moment all this happened. Meera dropped the plate she was washing. She wiped her hands and crossed her arms with her sister, who was still waiting for an answer from her. "Di..." she called her sister again, while she chose to completely ignore her and move forward, taking up her keys. Ishita felt hurt; her sister was ignoring her, like all this was nothing to her.

"Di," she called her again, only to see her sister taking long strides and driving ahead even before she could catch up. She was hurt, yes, but most importantly, she was very concerned about how her and Raj relations were taking turns.

At Cafe

Meera briefed all the staff about their day's work and immediately went down to her small cabin to take some breath. Since the last 3 hours, she has been working non-stop, attending to guests and managing the cafe. However, only she knew how much she wanted to keep herself busy. Sitting in a quiet place, she looked at her palm, the palm that was placed harshly on Kaali's face. She still remembers the look on his eyes when she told him the truth. He was deeply hurt, but what made her more concerned about him was that he had been betrayed again.

Though she didn't betray him, it came from her family. Does betrayal run in her blood and in her family? is Kaali  going to believe her, or he will think she is bluffing again?