House Call

"So he hasn't responded to any of your letters?" Henry asked as he drove.

"Nope. He hasn't answered any of Hermione's either," Oliver said, sitting in the passenger seat.

"Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe he just doesn't like you?" Henry joked, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Shut up," Oliver replied, looking down at the GPS on his phone. "According to this, his house should be right up here."

Henry came to a stop in front of a small grey house, its exterior appearing weathered and worn. They noticed a window upstairs that had been tightly locked with barbed wire, its purpose raising questions.

"Sheesh, what are they keeping up there?" Henry asked.

"Probably Harry," Oliver said, his concern evident in his voice.

As the boys stepped out of the car, their eyes widened with astonishment as they witnessed something truly bizarre. A woman, inflated like an air balloon, floated away from the house, her screams echoing through the air. Her arms and legs flailed helplessly, adding to the surreal sight that unfolded before them.

"What the hell?" Oliver asked, his voice tinged with confusion.

"That's new," Henry exclaimed, his eyes widening in shock.

Just then, to their astonishment, Harry Potter burst out through the front door, a flurry of screams trailing after him from inside the house. He clutched a worn suitcase tightly in one hand, while the other gripped a cage containing his loyal owl, Hedwig.

"Harry!" Oliver called out.

Harry turned to face Oliver and Henry, his expression a mix of shock and relief. "Oliver. Henry. What are you guys doing here?" he asked.

"We came to check on you," Oliver replied, his tone filled with genuine worry.

Harry's anger surged, his frustration evident as tears welled up in his eyes. "I can't stay with these people anymore. I have to leave. I don't know where to go, but I know I can't bear to remain with them any longer," he said, his voice quivering.

"What happened?" Henry asked.

"I don't want to talk about it. Would it be okay if I came and stayed with you guys?" Harry asked in desperation.

"Of course," Oliver replied, his response immediate and reassuring.

Just then, a heavyset man came charging toward them, his face contorted with anger. "YOU BRING HER BACK!" he snarled, his voice laced with fury. His presence loomed over the trio, casting a shadow of intimidation and raising questions about the circumstances surrounding Harry's sudden departure.

"She deserved it!" Harry shouted defiantly at the man.

In a fit of rage, the man let out a primal scream and lunged at Harry, his hands instinctively reaching for his throat.

Reacting swiftly, Harry retrieved his wand from his pocket and pressed it firmly against the man's chest. The sudden display of magic forced the assailant to stagger backward, his grip loosening.

"Get away from me," Harry demanded.

The man, momentarily taken aback, retorted, "You're not allowed to do magic outside of school."

A defiant smirk curved on Harry's lips as he met the man's gaze. "Oh yeah? Try me," he retorted.

"They won't let you back in now. You have nowhere to go," the man taunted, a cruel smile playing on his lips.

"I don't care. Anywhere is better than here," Harry replied.

Oliver, sensing the escalating tension, swiftly grabbed Harry's shoulder and guided him toward the waiting car. "Come on, Harry," he urged.

The man's eyes narrowed as he finally registered the presence of Oliver and Henry. "Who the bloody hell are you two?" he snarled.

"Some people you really don't want to mess with, pal," Henry said, his voice laced with a steely resolve as he stepped closer, his face inches away from the man's. "Now, I suggest you walk your fat ass back inside that house before things get real ugly."

The man visibly faltered, his intimidation giving way to a sense of unease as he slowly started to retreat, his steps backward guided by fear. Henry, satisfied with the outcome, turned around and joined Oliver and Harry in the car, his presence a reassuring anchor amidst the tension that still lingered in the air. Together, they prepared to leave the scene, their eyes fixed on the road ahead.

"Who was that?" Oliver asked.

"That was my Uncle Vernon," Harry said, his voice laced with disgust.

"Charming guy," Henry remarked sarcastically, the gravel crunching beneath the car tires as he pulled out of the driveway.

"What's the deal with that balloon lady?" Oliver inquired.

"That's my Aunt Marge," Harry responded, frustration making his words sharp. "She was saying awful things about my parents, and I just couldn't take it anymore."

"Well, she got what was coming to her then," Oliver said.

The boys pulled up to a stoplight in the middle of an eerily quiet road. As they glanced around their surroundings, the wind picked up abruptly, scattering leaves in a wild dance around their car, mimicking the ceaseless spin of a distant merry-go-round. The atmosphere abruptly shifted, the air turning chillingly cold as frost patterns traced themselves onto the windows.

"What the hell?" Henry asked, his voice laced with confusion. "It was supposed to be at least fifty degrees tonight."

Harry and Oliver turned their gazes to the left-hand window, their breaths hitching in unison. Emerging from the dense shadows of the bushes was a gigantic black dog, its crimson eyes blazing with an unsettling glare. Its menacing presence grew ever closer to the car. The dog unleashed a series of deep, resonating barks that seemed to pierce the silence of the night.

The gigantic dog suddenly began charging towards the car. Henry's foot slammed down on the accelerator, propelling them away from the nightmarish creature. Glancing out of the rear window, Oliver and Henry watched as the dog came to a halt in the middle of the road, its menacing gaze following their retreating vehicle.

"WHAT IS THAT THING?!" Oliver shouted, his voice echoing with fear.

"Whatever it is, it's no ordinary dog," Henry said. His hands trembled on the steering wheel, but he kept his focus on the road, continuing to drive into the uncertainty of the night.