Peter Pettigrew

"Tell me everything you know about Peter Pettigrew," Harry demanded, his wand pointed unwaveringly at Lupin and Sirius, the weight of accusation and betrayal heavy in his voice.

Lupin and Sirius exchanged a glance, their faces a mix of shock and apprehension, as if realizing the gravity of the situation they found themselves in.

"Now!" Harry's voice rang out, punctuated by a resolute determination that echoed through the room.

Taking a step forward, Lupin began to explain."Peter Pettigrew... he was a part of our group, our friend. We trusted him."

The weight of Lupin's words settled upon Harry, but he refused to let go of his suspicions. His grip tightened on the wand, its presence serving as a visible reminder of the power he held in this moment. "Pettigrew is dead," Harry asserted. "And you," he directed his gaze toward Sirius, "you killed him."

Lupin instinctively stepped forward, placing himself between Harry and Sirius, a protective barrier formed by a lifetime of friendship. "No, Harry, you don't understand. We all believed Pettigrew was dead until you mentioned seeing him on the Marauder's Map."

Harry's anger flared, his voice laced with frustration. "The map lied, then!" he spat out, his accusation directed towards Sirius.

"The map never lies,' Sirus retorted.

The confusion bubbling within Oliver finally rose to the surface, his eyebrows furrowing as he interjected. "What map are you guys talking about?"

"Pettigrew is alive, and he's right there," Sirius declared, his finger pointing accusingly at Ron, an intensity burning in his eyes.

Ron's brows furrowed in confusion as he stepped back, feeling the weight of the accusation pressed upon him. "Me? Are you out of your mind?" he questioned.

A hint of annoyance flickered across Sirius's face as he clarified, "No, not you, you daft boy. I meant your rat."

Ron's grip on Scabbers tightened, his eyes narrowing. "Scabbers has been in my family for-"

"Twelve years," Sirius interrupted, his voice cutting through Ron's protest. "An oddly long lifespan for a garden rat, don't you think? And he's missing a toe, just like Pettigrew."

Ron's defensive stance weakened as realization slowly dawned upon him. Oliver, standing nearby, began to piece the puzzle together, his eyes widening with understanding.

Interrupting their conversation, Harry interjected, his voice brimming with determination, "All I could find of Pettigrew was his-" Before he could finish, Sirius cut him off.

"Finger!" Sirius exclaimed, his tone urgent and revealing. "He transformed into a rat, making everyone believe he was dead."

Hovering over Ron, Sirius cast a menacing shadow, his demeanor intense as he challenged Harry with his words. The air in the room grew heavy with anticipation.

Looking squarely at Sirius, Harry spoke with a firm resolve. "Show me."

Ron cried out, a mixture of disbelief and defense in his voice. "You don't actually believe this lunatic, do you, Harry?"

"Give it to him, Ron," Oliver chimed in, stepping towards Harry, showing his support in Harry's quest for the truth.

Sirius snatched the rat out of Ron's trembling hands, his grip firm and determined. Panic flashed across Ron's face, his voice filled with desperation as he cried out, "No! Don't hurt him!"

Hermione, sensing Ron's distress, wrapped her arms around him, offering a comforting embrace in an attempt to soothe his trembling form.

In a flurry of swift movements, the rat managed to escape Sirius's grasp. Lupin and Sirius swiftly flicked their wands, casting spells in harmony, and in a spellbinding instant, the rat transformed into a full-grown man.

Sirius clenched his hand around the man's shoulder, forcefully pushing him against the nearest wall. The force of the impact jolted through the man's body.

"Remus? Sirius? My old friends! You're alive!" the man exclaimed, attempting to deceive them with false familiarity. With a calculated burst of energy, he made a desperate dash for the door, only to be met by Harry blocking his escape route.

"Harry, my dear boy, look at you," the man pleaded, his voice laced with a mixture of desperation and cunning manipulation. "You resemble your father so much. He was a good man. He would have let me go."

Sirius, his voice seething with anger, interjected fiercely, "How dare you speak to Harry!" He forcefully shoved the man away, his disdain palpable in every motion.

Lupin confronted the man with a steady gaze. "You sold James and Lily to Voldemort, didn't you?"

The man, now reduced to tears, choked out his reply. "I didn't mean to..."

"You all have no comprehension of the unfathomable power the dark lord possesses," the man sneered, his eyes flashing with sinister knowledge. He turned towards Sirius, a mocking smirk spreading across his face. "What would you have done in my position?"

"I would have chosen death over betraying my friends!" Sirius thundered.

As the man made another desperate attempt for the exit, his freedom snatched away from him by Oliver's unyielding grip. "Pathetic scumbag," Oliver spat, his voice dripping with disdain.

"Alright, enough games," Sirius declared, his tone now cold and determined. "It's time to end this."

"Absolutely not!" Harry's voice cut through the air, filled with a defiant resolve that left both Sirius and Lupin startled.

Sirius and Lupin exchanged annoyed glances, their impatience clear. "And why not?" Lupin pressed.

"We will take him back to the castle," Harry stated firmly. The man, now on his knees, clung onto the fabric of Harry's pants, tears streaming down his face. "Bless you, boy. Bless you," he sobbed in a broken voice, overwhelmed with gratitude.

"Get off me," Harry snapped, stepping back with a grimace. "I only said we would take you back to the castle. After that, the dementors can have you."

In an instant, the man's expression of gratitude twisted into one of sheer terror, as the horrifying reality of his fate dawned upon him.