Buckbeak's fate

The trio of Isabella, Oliver, and Hermione strode purposefully towards Hagrid's hut, their footsteps echoing with a resolute determination. As they neared, their eyes fell upon the heart-wrenching image of Buckbeak sprawled outside, chained to a cold and unforgiving pole.

"Look!" Isabella's voice pierced through the air, her finger pointing towards the scene of anguish.

To their dismay, they witnessed an exalted trio approaching from the other side of the path - Dumbledore, the Minister of Magic, and a formidable figure wielding an enormous and ominous axe. The weight of their presence cast a shadow of foreboding over the trio's hearts.

Aware of the gravity of the situation, the trio hastily concealed themselves amidst a pumpkin in Hagrid's yard, their breath catching in their throats. Suddenly, Oliver felt a sharp blow against the back of his head, pain radiating through his skull. He instinctively clutched his throbbing head, his fingers stained with the warmth of his own blood. Startled, he cast his gaze towards the woods behind him, but found only an eerie silence shrouding his assailant's identity.

"What is it?" Hermione's voice quivered with concern.

"I swear," Oliver's voice tinged with annoyance and a flicker of outrage, "someone just hurled a bloody rock at my head."

The imposing figure wielding an axe advanced towards Buckbeak, his presence casting a sinister shadow over the scene, all while Dumbledore and the Minister of Magic sought solace within Hagrid's humble abode.

"I think we're too late, there's nothing we can do," Isabella's desperate cry reverberated through the air, her voice filled with anguish and the bitter acceptance of a cruel reality.

"We have to go," Oliver's voice quivered with a profound sorrow, each word heavy with the weight of despair.

Gently, Oliver reached out and clasped Hermione's trembling hand, silently urging her to follow as they retraced their steps up the path. Reluctantly, she trailed behind, her heart aching with the devastating knowledge of their powerlessness. The trio remained frozen in place, their gaze transfixed upon the unfolding tragedy that lay before them.

Horror engulfed their souls as Buckbeak was ruthlessly executed, the finality of his fate playing out before their very eyes. Overcome by sorrow, Hermione sought solace in Oliver's comforting embrace, her tears cascading onto his shoulder as she released the torrent of grief that welled inside her. In an act of solidarity, Oliver extended his arm, enveloping Isabella in a half-embrace, the trio finding solace amidst their shared pain.

Within Oliver's warm and protective embrace, both women poured forth their sorrow, their bodies convulsing with anguish as their cries of loss merged into an anguished chorus. Eyes filled with a turbulent mix of sadness and anger, Oliver bore witness to the heart-wrenching scene, his own emotions a tempest that raged within him.