Dementors

The three Montclair siblings, along with Hermione, Harry, and Ron, all boarded the Hogwarts Express.

"You really did that?" Isabella asked Harry in disbelief.

"I didn't necessarily mean to blow her up; it just kind of happened," Harry responded, his voice tinged with a hint of remorse.

"It's bloody brilliant," Ron exclaimed, his eyes wide with admiration.

"No, it's not Ronald. Harry is lucky they didn't take his wand away," Hermione lectured sternly.

"Lucky I didn't end up in prison, honestly," Harry said.

Oliver noticed that all the compartments were quickly filling up. Isabella and Henry entered one compartment while Harry, Ron, and Hermione went into the one adjacent to them. Oliver began to follow the trio when Henry stuck his head out of their compartment door.

"Too good to sit with your own blood now?" Henry teased playfully.

"I had to endure the entire summer with you, Henry. That was torture enough," Oliver said, walking into the other compartment.

Henry put his hand over his chest, feigning heartbreak. "Betrayed by my own brother. When will the constant pain and suffering end?" Henry joked.

Oliver noticed that a man was already occupying the compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione. The man was sound asleep, his head covered by a blanket. A wave of disappointment washed over Oliver as he had hoped to sit with Hermione.

"Oh, it seems like it's full," Oliver said, turning around to leave the compartment.

"Ron, you can move to the other compartment!" Hermione blurted out, her words filled with eagerness.

"I will?" Ron responded, his expression one of bewilderment.

Hermione shot him a death stare, her eyes piercing with intensity.

"I mean, yeah, totally, I will," Ron stammered nervously, not wanting to face the wrath of Hermione. His agreement was tinged with a hint of reluctance, but he knew better than to argue.

Harry couldn't help but laugh as Ron stood up to leave the compartment.

"Good luck with Henry," Oliver said, giving Ron a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"It won't be all bad; at least Isabella is there," Ron replied, trying to find a silver lining.

As Ron exited the compartment, Oliver took a seat next to Hermione. A wave of joy washed over her face, and a wide smile spread across her lips upon seeing Oliver join her side.

"Who do you think this guy is?" Oliver questioned, pointing at the slumbering man.

"Professor R. Lupin," Hermione responded with certainty.

"How the hell do you know that? Do you just know everything?" Oliver interrogated.

"No, Ollie, it's written on his suitcase up there," she replied, gesturing upwards.

Oliver felt a surge of embarrassment as he realized what Hermione had called him. His cheeks turned crimson, and Hermione, noticing his reaction, blushed in response.

"I'm sorry, Oliver. I know you prefer to be called that only by your family," she apologized, her embarrassment evident.

"It's okay," Oliver reassured her, a warm smile on his face. "I don't mind at all."

"Aw, how sweet, Ollie," Harry teased.

"Hey, I draw the line with you," Oliver retorted, pointing a finger at Harry.

"Do you think he's actually asleep?" Harry inquired, curious about Professor Lupin's slumber.

Oliver leaned over and waved his hand in front of Lupin's face, but there was no reaction whatsoever.

"I'd say so," Oliver replied.

"Good, there's something important I need to tell you guys," Harry said, his tone serious, as he closed the compartment door behind them. The air in the small space grew heavy with anticipation, and Oliver and Hermione exchanged glances, eager to hear what Harry had to share.

Harry recounted the encounter with the red-haired man who turned out to be Ron's father, a Ministry of Magic employee. The man had informed Harry that Sirius Black had escaped from Azkaban and was specifically targeting Harry.

"Wait, he's escaped Azkaban and is coming after you? Why?" Oliver questioned.

"I don't know," Harry replied, shrugging his shoulders in uncertainty.

"They'll catch Black, won't they? I mean, everyone is looking for him," Hermione interjected, her voice laced with hope.

"Sure, except he's the only person to break out of Azkaban and is apparently a raging, murderous lunatic," Oliver stated matter-of-factly.

"Thanks, Oliver," Harry retorted, giving him a dirty look.

Suddenly, the train came to a complete stop, jolting the passengers inside the compartment.

"Why are we stopping? We can't be there yet," Hermione questioned.

Oliver, sensing the suspense in the air, rose from his seat and cautiously approached the compartment door. His heart raced as he peered outside, only to find Isabella doing the same from their neighboring compartment.

As if in response to their collective curiosity, the train began to tremble violently, causing Oliver to lose his balance and stumble back into his seat. The unexpected jolt sent a wave of unease rippling through their group.

"Maybe we're broken down," Harry speculated.

Abruptly, the lights flickered and then plunged into darkness, leaving them enveloped in an eerie silence, save for the faint glow of the moon seeping through the windows. Hermione gasped, her hand instinctively reaching out for Oliver's, seeking solace and reassurance in their uncertain predicament.

"There's something moving out there," Isabella's voice echoed from the neighboring compartment.

The train began violently shaking.

"I think someone's coming aboard," Oliver said, his voice filled with concern, as he secured the compartment door.

Suddenly, an intense chill filled the air, causing the windows to frost over. Oliver's breath formed small clouds as he shivered uncontrollably.

A tall figure, draped in a black cloak, materialized outside their compartment. Oliver, Hermione, and Harry stood frozen in fear, their hearts pounding in their chests.

With a deliberate motion, the figure raised its hand, causing the lock on the compartment door to shatter. The door creaked open slowly, emitting a spine-chilling groan that echoed through the carriage.

For what felt like an eternity, the figure lingered in the doorway, its gaze fixed upon Harry and Hermione. Then, with agonizing slowness, it turned its head toward Oliver, its piercing eyes filled with an unknown darkness.

Oliver suddenly grew lightheaded as he locked eyes with the creature. His vision blurred, and his eyes rolled back into his head. It felt as though his very soul was being wrenched from his body, taking with it all his cherished memories. The creature loomed closer, its presence intensifying Oliver's anguish.

In that moment, Lupin stirred from his slumber, his senses alert. He swiftly conjured a spell, unleashing a brilliant white light that emanated from his wand. The intense radiance acted as a repellent to the dementor, and it swiftly retreated from the compartment.

Overwhelmed by the encounter, Oliver collapsed to the floor, the impact rendering him unconscious.