Chapter 2

Serena's POV -
After our wedding ceremony got completed. We moved on to our wedding reception. Me and Ash got to cut a huge wedding cake. Some of Ash's family members give a speech. But, niether I nor he attempted to speech.

I didn't volenteer to speech and about his reasons, only he can know. It's not like, I can't give a speech or anything. In fact, I did give a lot of sudden speeches thanks to my friends. But, this time, I was not feeling like it. I mean, I am too distracted by the events that occurred so far.

First; I never thought the person, I am marrying is him. It was quite a shock, after all these years. I never thought, I will see him again. But, meeting him was turned out to be our wedding. And, There is that, kiss thing.

After that kiss, I simply can't put my mind to peace

After that kiss, I simply can't put my mind to peace. My subconscious mind is reminding that feeling over and over again. I can't turn my attention off of Ash. I never expected this from me. Does, I am falling for him.

I have to be completely sure myself. I need to know, did, I am really in love or its just something else. Without knowing anything, I can't assume anything right. Moreover, I don't even know him entirely. I don't even know, does he has mutual feelings for me or not.

As we were done with the speeches. It's time for lunch. I was with Ash's family, my mother and father joined in too. I was kind a disappointed by Ash.

Because, Right after the ceremony is over. He said; "I have a work". Then, he left me, just like that. How can anybody can leave their just wedded wife like that. Doesn't he care a bit for me. I did wanted to stop him, but I couldn't.

I never actually known, anything about Ash's family. If they ask me something about themselves, what do I say? Fortunate enough, mommy too is with me here!. I can ask her.

"Serena, it is your name, right!" A lady who is in her 50s asked me

"Serena, it is your name, right!" A lady who is in her 50s asked me. "Umm!.. yeah!" I replied with puzzled expression. "Sorry!.. we weren't able to come and meet you earlier" She said. I really don't understand, what they are apologising for. "Don't worry about that" I casually replied.

"Did you recognise me" she asked me, pointing to herself. I don't have a clue, who she might be. I turned to my mother for answer. "Mommy!" I whispered to my mother.

My mother looked at me with shock and opening her eyes balls crazily. I sweat dropped seeing that. "Help me,.. atleast, this once" I asked combining both my hands. I will remember, the next time. But, now I'll appreciate a little help.

"I told my daughter everything about your family, she just isn't known you'll personally, so.. she is having a little problem with identifying you'll." my mother saved me this time. But, I still can't figure out, who might this lady be?

Now that, I am thinking of who might she be? I noticed, her eyes are the same as my husband's. Then, considering her age, she could be. This hit me hard, I didn't acted respectful enough towards her. What if? she tells this to Ash!.

"Well! Serena!" She said. "Huh! Ah! Yeah!" I replied. I was freaking out, what she wants to talk to me? Is that something about my wrong attitude. I looked down in disappointment. How can I correct this, I should apologise. Right, I should apologise to her, before situation gets any worser.

"I am sorry!.. f--" I bowed my head and started to apologise, just to cut off by her. "Why are you apologising, you haven't done anything wrong, dear!" I heard that lady's voice. Heh! What just she said? Dear is it. Hold on, 'Dear' that means, she isn't mad at me after all.

"Really! You're not mad at me, because, I didn't recognise you." l know she isn't mad, but still, just for a confirmation. "No! It's our fault to not able to visit you" she said. "That's right!" I bluntly spit it out. "No! I mean.. I-I" I tried to patch up my mistake.

"There is no need to apologise, dear!, It's right anyways, I am Delia Ketchum, your mother in law" she introduced herself. I thought so, but, wasn't completely sure till now.

"It's nice to meet you, umm!

"It's nice to meet you, umm!.. mother in law" I replied, without knowing what should I call her? "Don't be so formal, you can just call me mom, just like Ash does" she said. "Ok! Mom!" I replied. She seems to be a nice person.

After that, my new mom told me, about Ash's work and his habits. I was impressed to know, my husband is a CEO of a famous company. I got to know about his habits and all. But, she didn't told anything about his likes and dislikes.

As lunch was finished. I got to know many things about, Ash's family. They'll seems to be good people. He does has a nice joint family. I am going to be one of them, from now on.

But, atleast he shouldn't have let me alone this early, right after the wedding ceremony. This shows, his value for work is more than family, more than me too. I wasn't really putting myself above than, his CEO duties or anything. But, don't I deserve a worthy excuse for leaving me.

Just because, he asked before kissing me. Doesn't approve, him as a good person. But, still who asks his bride for permission before kissing her. Atleast not in thier wedding ceremony. This, really shows he is a nice person.

Even through, I am stuck with my mother's scolding. After, she finds out, I wasn't remember anything she said about. Ash's family for years and right before the wedding. My mind is just rotating around Ash and that wedding kiss. Why did he left me?

Author's Note:- Hope you all enjoy reading this chapter. Hoping for your support for motivation.