Chapter 19

Serena's POV:-

It's noon already; last night, Ash told me. He'll take me somewhere, I don't know any of the details like, where he would take me. So; I was wondering, where would he take me to.

It's noon and also lunch time. So; I suppose, Ash meant taking me out for lunch today. I can't wait to see; what kind of surprise is waiting for me.

Since; last night, Ash's behaviour as changed. Of course; it's for the better. But; I get nervous, whenever Ash acts like a lovey-dovey. Still; I welcome his affection towards me with open arms.

I got a call from Ash saying, he is on the way to home. And, get ready for heading out. I quickly slipped into my outfit. I don't think, Ash would like bold outfits, so; my choice was a casual one.

I don't like make up and stuff. But well; I think, I should atleast do a simple make up. And; if Ash shows any... you know, like interest towards features of opposite gender. Then; I'll try make up more often.

Few minutes after; Ash came home. I greeted him and he said let's go. He didn't give me any compliments. I felt all my effort to look pretty went in vien. I said; bye to mom-in-law.

We walked alongside holding hands. I didn't initiate it, Ash is one who took hold of my hand interlocking or fingers. Even though; my heart was racing, I didn't object to it.

Ash opened the car door for me to sit like a gentleman. As Ash sat on his seat. He started driving and we went outside of the mansion.

Before; we left for the car. Lillie was staring at us or specifically at my husband. Now that; I know about her situation, I can't blame her. But; I dislike anyone looking at Ash like that. I should resolve it as soon as possible.

"What happened? Why are you looking like that?" Ash interrupted my thoughts. "Ehh! Nothing happened!" I was a little taken aback by his comment. "And what do you mean 'looking like that'?"

I was little frustrated because, Ash didn't give me any compliments for my make over. And; suddenly commenting like that. It's being rude; if you ask me.

"Just saying; you were spacing out there," Ash said. "I wasn't looking in the du-" I lost control over my language. So, I turned other side to hide my face. "I mean; I wasn't spacing out! You know!"

I was sweating a little. "Okay!" Ash replied extended his free arm holding a handkerchief. "You're sweating a little," he said. I took the handkerchief from him saying "Thank you" a little awkwardly.

"No need to thank me," Ash said. I wiped my sweat with handkerchief. "When did you notice... I'm sweating" I asked. I was little curious of his answer. I wanted know; how he finds every change in my body language.

"It's because I'm always thinking and looking at you," Ash answered. I was at a loss of words here. I was thinking that, he uses some kind of tactic to deduct my body language. I never anticipated this answer.

 I never anticipated this answer