Chapter 24

Authors Note:-
I wasn't able to attach images in this 'Chapter' due to technical issues

Serena's POV:-

We; after separating from Shauna and her group, returning to my house. I was still thinking about the conversation between me and Shauna.

Well; to be perfectly honest. I wasn't thinking about conversation itself, which happened between us. It was just a single line that She said.

"If you want Him to love you; You have to show him the real you!"

That; single line has occupied my brain completely now. And; about what I want? Well; it's obvious. I took a glance at Ash. I want him to love me.

Even so; How can I hope to get loved by Him. Especially; Knowing I did something terrible. Still; everyone deserves to be forgiven Or maybe, I was just being selfish.

But; I would do anything to get that forgiveness from Ash. But; what about Ash's feelings. Will He forgive me and love me Or maybe; He...

I don't want to think that. I want to remain by Ash's side forever. If; I never let anything related to That incident come into contact with Ash and His family.

Then; Ash won't have any reason 'not to let me stay by His side'. But; it feels like I'm betraying Ash by doing something like that. So; what am I supposed to do? I don't have an answer.

With those thoughts; we reached home. Throughout the way; Ash was unusually silent. I mean; I know, He always speaks less. But still; He hasn't spoken a single word.

Did something happen? What am I missing? Huh! Right that!. Ash didn't said anything right after the encounter with Shauna.

Did Her group who were left behind with Ash said something to Hum. Even if they did; what in the world could have they said to Him.

As I continued to wonder. Mama had signalled me that the work in my room has been done. I signed in relief for a moment. Then; I went alone to check any altercation.

I saw around and found nothing else than an Old Photo. The Old Photo was mine and a special person's photo when I was just a little child.

I took the photo and stared at it as sorrow filled my gaze. The woman; who was standing with me in this photo was an important person for me and as well as to Ash.

If; an accident like that never occurred, I would have been showing This Photo proudly to Ash. And; maybe Ash would have been laughing like His childhood self.

But; Things aren't like that. I can't show this Photo to Him ever. Because; it holds the possibility of separating me from Ash. I don't want that. I'm really sorry 'Aunt Rose'

I hid that Photo, wiped my tears and went outside. As I went outside; I caught mama asking my husband some embarrassing questions.

"...Did something like that happened? I won't tell anyone you told me about that! So; spit it out!" Mama was asking excitedly and elbowing Ash. 'Mama what the hell are you doing' I thought.

I deliberately made a knocking sound to make them acknowledge my presence. "Oh! You're here already?" Mama said disappointed.

"Am not supposed to be here?" I asked Her with a stare that means 'are you expecting someone else'. "Oh no! I didn't mean it that way!..." She answered hesitantly.

After that; without much talking we ate dinner. During dinner; I was constantly stealing glances at Ash with blushing cheeks. Our eyes met a few times and I instantly averted my gaze at those times.

Ash didn't spoke during dinner, too. I was a little concerned about that. But still; with mama the famous chatter box around, it wasn't a big deal and she finally cracked Ash's silence.

"So; my handsome son-in-law, tell me what do like about my daughter? Don't be shy okay!" Mama asked Ash with mischievous grin. I was looking at Ash curiously. Even though, it's embarrassing.

"I like everything about your daughter" Ash said calmly. I was like; I suddenly gained wings and flying. Then; all of a sudden, mama made me fall into a deeper pit with Her next question.

"Didn't I tell you to 'don't be shy'-come on, tell me specifically what you like about her, is it her breasts!" Mama said and smiled devilishly. 'Seriously! Why that?' I was completely red.

"I, um, I like her eyes..." Ash said. Wait! His face; is He embarassed, how cute. 'Wait! What a my doing? I should be embarassed too?' I thought. But; I couldn't handle Ash's cuteness.

"Really!..." Mama said with exaggerated expression. "You sure! You don't like her breasts or-" I cut mama off from speaking any further.

"Mama! Why would you go for breast-" I stopped after realising, what I said. I took a quick look at Ash, who was looking at me. I instantly turned to mama in embarassed.

"W-why are saying something like that over and over again!..." I said little embarassed. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to embarrass you both!" She apologized for Her words.

"But, I'm confused why do you like her eyes over her breasts?" Mama made another remark. I almost choked at Her comment. But; Ash seems to be comfortable with her remarks now.

'Seriously! Is that's all He needs, to be comfortable with Her remarks? I was with her for nineteen years, still I'm not used to her comments like this!' I thought.

"It's because; Her eyes are more expressive than Her words," Ash answered calm and collective. 'My eyes are more expressive than my words! Really!' I wondered.

"Ohhh! I understand! She was like that from the beginning, though, I'm surprised you found out this early!" mama was surprised. "It's all your blessings!" Ash replied.

Wait! Did I just heard Ash compliment mama. "You're too modest! Ash," Mama said completely impressed. 'Wait! What? He impressed her with just one comment! Really!' I thought.

I didn't able to believe. That; my husband, who is always not good with compliments or so I thought. Knows; exactly How to impress my mother.

Authors Note:-
Hope you all enjoy reading this 'Chapter' of the story. Hoping for all your support.