Chapter 18

Serena's POV:-

I was stunned by Ash's change in behaviour towards me. But; morning routine continued as it is. As; Ash's time to leave for work came.

Ash asked me to accompany him till the entrance door. Even though; I was surprised by it, I accepted it and accompanied him.

I didn't wanted Ash to leave me. But; even though, I sent him off with a gentle wave by hand. I was gonna go straight to our room.

But; I found Lillie staring at me from where she was sitting. I don't think, she likes me. So; I might as well avoid conversation, until it comes from her.

I started to move towards stairs. Lillie too, started moving behind me, but; she didn't greet me. So; I also avoid talking and claimbed up the stairs silently.

As we claimed up the stairs. Lillie faked a cough. Parhaps; to get my attention. So; I turned a little towards her. "I have something to talk to you about" she said seriously.

 "I have something to talk to you about" she said seriously

I didn't like the way she said that. But; I'll ignore it this time. "Uh! Okay! What do want to talk about?" I asked with a sly smile. "Not here; come to my room," she said.

Again; I didn't like it. It sounds like an order and I don't like to be ordered around. But; I can't make trouble for Ash. So; I'll put up with it to the best of my ability. More than that; I can't guarantee.

Lillie led the way to her room, and I followed her. As I entered her room, the thing that caught my eye was paintings, which was on her table and walls.

Each and every one looked like a professional level paintings. So, I think, Lillie must be an artist; parhaps. But; I was a little disturbed by the paintings.

"Is... All of this yours?" I posed a simple question. "And what difference it makes; if it is?" She asked me back. I'm not getting a good feeling about this.

"It's not like that;... I just wanted to know is it yours or not! That's all!". I replied with a troubled look. She didn't answer right away and looked at me like she was looking into my soul.

I got little awkward by it. So; I broke eye contact and started to look at the paintings. "I never thought, you're so good paintings!" I tried to talk casually.

"You don't need to worry about that!" Lillie dismissed me right away. I got uncomfortable with this. "So;... What do you want to talk about?" I urged her to speak quickly.

I was at my limit; I can't take her attitude any more. "It's about Ash!". There she goes; I had a feeling she would say that.

"So; what about As-my husband?" I thought; it's rude to call him by his name infront of others. "I don't like it; when you call him that," she snapped.

As I thought; Lillie has some serious issues with my husband

As I thought; Lillie has some serious issues with my husband. "But; I'll tell you, why I called you?" Lillie continued. She took some papers from her table and gave it to me.

I took it and started to read it. My heart stopped and my chest just continued to get tighter by each word, I continued to read. It was a divorce documents.

"I want you to sign it; and I'll take care about rest of the procedure!" Lillie said. I wasn't able to lift my face to see her face. 'what is all this?', 'what am I supposed to do?' was my state of mind.

I did expected all this. But; I didn't expected it to be so soon. If; I were to do as Lillie asking me to do. 'what will happen after that', 'Is all of this really right?'.

 'what will happen after that', 'Is all of this really right?'

Lillie definitely knows about Ash more than I do. She definitely knows why Ash doesn't laugh anymore; unlike me. Maybe; she would be able to be a better partner; not like me.

Parhaps; she is the best fit for him. 'Will Ash be happy? Will he starts to smile again? Will Ash would be able to lead his life happily ever after? Will Ash be loved?

I tored the papers in my hands. "What are you doing?" Lillie said with louder and angry voice. "I don't think; you should speak to me like that," I said calmly toring paper into pieces.

"You're just a middle class girl; you don't have any right to tell me that," Lillie said with angry expression. "I'm the wife of Ash Ketchum; I have every right to tell you're wrong," I replied.

"You're not Ash's wife; you're just a stranger," she said with intimidating voice. "So; why do you need this then?" I said as, I trew the pieces of paper in her face from my hands.

 "So; why do you need this then?" I said as, I trew the pieces of paper in her face from my hands

"That's..." She choked on her words and fell silent. I don't have any intentions of being here anymore. I turned around and open the door to get out of here.

"I'll prove it! I'm the best for him!" Lillie's frustrated voice reached my ears. "You're free to try all you want, but you've lost and... it-will remain that way" I made a bold statement and left her room.

I may not be the one; who knows about Ash that much. Yeah! I don't know; why he stopped smiling. I don't know; why Ash's face remain's expressionless.

I don't know, what Ash thinks of me too. I don't know; what was Ash's past like either. I don't know; am I the best match for Ash or not.

But; I know, I love Ash more than anyone. I won't accept; there is anyone, who loves Ash more than me. Same goes for; Lillie and even mom-in-law.

After all this; I think, I might have made a mistake. I have to express my feelings for Ash. I want to tell him; I love him so much.

"Okay! I'll definitely express my feelings to Ash,"

Author's Note:-
Sorry! For not updating regularly.
I hope everyone can enjoy reading the chapter. Keep supporting for more updates.