Chapter three- "Do you like Chris?"

After that night, me and Matt agreed to do the movie night again, and I looked forward to until the next Friday.

This was the second time me and Matt had these movie nights, and we decided on The Breakfast Club.

Chris walked in on us watching it and asked, "Hey, wacha guys watching?"

"Oh hey. We're watching The breakfast club. Wanna join?" I asked.

"Yeah sure! That sounds good." Chris replied

"Alison I thought this was just you and me.." As Matt said this, he didn't look quite at me but I could tell he seemed a little upset.

"Oh ok. Whatever I didn't really wanna watch it anyways." Chris sneered. He almost sounded jealous.

As Chris walked away, me and Matt eyed each other.

"Should I go talk to him?" I asked.

"No don't, he's just being a baby and is annoyed he isn't included in something."

"Yeah I guess, but wouldn't it be nice to include him?"

"You can if you want, but he's probably just gonna be mad."

"Never mind then I guess." I shrugged, unpausing the movie.

Again I had noticed that Matt was staring at me like he had been at the movie theaters. I looked over at him, confused.

He looked like he was trying to say something but stopped himself. He kept opening his mouth to speak, then closed it. Opened it, then closed it like a fish underwater.

I paused the movie.

"Is something wrong-" I asked before Matt blurted out,

"Do you like Chris?"

I couldn't even looked at him as I said, " Wait what? Why would you think that?"

"I don't know. It just seems like your into him, it's just the way you look at him when he talks and how you stare at him when you think nobodies looking."

I was shocked. I had never had anyone ever call me out or ask me about my feelings for Chris, especially not his brother.

"Uhm well I don't know what your talking about. I don't see Chris in that way." I still couldn't look at him but I could feel his gaze right on me.

"Whatever you say." Matt murmured.

"Why do you even care?" I asked, finally looking up at Matt for the first time in this conversation.

It looked like I had hit a soft spot. He looked away, he looked embarrassed, but like he wanted to say something but stopped.

"Is everything ok Matt?"

"Yeah. I'm ok."

We sat in silence for a while, i didn't dare try to say anything again, he seemed upset.

"Look, I'm just going to say it. I love you, ok? I know that's probably not what you were expecting to hear but there it is." He rambled, and I could tell he was anxious.

I almost asked if he was joking, but then I looked at his face. He didn't look back at me, he was fidgeting with his hands. He looked so scared.

"Matt I don't even know what to say-"

"No no, I get that. Shit, I shouldn't have told you that. I don't expect you to be able to say anything because I know you don't feel the same way, shit shit shit this was a huge mistake telling you I'm sorry."

He was rambling again, but then I realized. He wasn't just nervous, he was having a panic attack.

"Woah woah Matt it's ok, just take deep breaths with me, ok?
In, and out.
In, and out."

He obeyed me, and slowly started to calm down. I had seen Matt have panic attacks before, he struggled with them often. That was one of the ways me and Matt connected. We both knew about each others anxiety, and always helped each other out when we needed it.

"Fuck I'm really sorry Alison."

"Your ok."

"I think I'm just gonna go to bed now, I need to process what just happened." He said, walking out.

___________________________________
                       Matt Sturniolo's POV

Shoot, I really messed up. I never thought I would actually tell Alison. It just happened, I was tired of keeping it in me for so long. It felt relieving to get it out, but also terrifying. I honestly don't know what got into me, one second I was jealously asking if she had feelings for my brother then telling her I love her. I think I just need some time to process this whole night, and the mess I've made. I mean, what if she tells Nick or Chris? Oh my god, this was a huge mistake. I should have never done this. What would Nick think? They're best friends after all. What if Chris has feelings for Alison too?