Chapter Eight- Family

I guess I haven't really talked about my family much, and that's because I don't have a lot of family. My mom and dad divorced when I was eleven, they never really got along. They weren't really in love, but they tried being a family for me.

I don't really talk to my family a lot, I live with my dad but I rarely see him. He's always at work, and when he's home I'm usually in bed or at the Sturniolo's.

My mom and dad haven't talked almost at all since their divorce 7 years ago.

But today, my dad gave me news, horrible news about my mother. She passed away. Apparently she hadn't had good health for a few months, but I didn't know because I hadn't had much contact with her.

Although my dad didn't get along with my mother very well, he has been so upset. He hasn't ate in two days, hasn't showered or gotten out of bed. He told me he feels guilty about not being there for her and about the fact that she hadn't been in my life recently.

I feel horrible, and it's hard for me to even get out of bed in the morning.

It's been 3 days since she's passed away, and the Sturniolo's have come over to my house every day since then.
___________________________________
-Three days ago-
Nick, Matt and Chris all came into my room the morning my mother passed away.

"Oh my god Alison we heard the news I'm so sorry." Nick said, giving me a sympathetic look after hugging me.

Chris and Matt hugged me next.

After a few hours of them staying with me, I told them to go and that I was fine. It took a lot of convincing but they left in the evening.
___________________________________
-Now-
The boys continued to come over every day.

"Is there anything we can get for you Alison?" Chris asked.

"Actually yeah, can you guys pick me up some food? I need to get my dad eating again."

"Alright I'll go. Somebody should stay with you though."

"I will." Matt volunteered.

"Why don't I stay so that you can drive us Matt?" Nick asked.

"You guys can walk it's only a few minutes away though."

"I want Matt to stay with me." I said.

Nick gave Matt a suspicious look. "Ok, we'll be back in 30 minutes."

"Alright." Matt answered.

As soon as we heard the boys leave, Matt turned to me. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm ok I guess. This has been really hard though."

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry Ali."

Matt got into my bed with me and I layed my head on his shoulder and took a nap. When the boys came home, Matt quickly got out of my bed and sat in a chair at my desk.

"We're back!!" Nick exclaimed, handing me and Matt McDonald's bags.

"Thanks a lot you guys. I don't know what I would do without you." I smiled.

"Of course. We're always here for you." Nick smiled back at me.
___________________________________
It's been a month since my mother passed away, and my mental health is getting better. Like I said, I honestly don't know what I would do without the Sturniolo's. They are always there for me.