Chapter fifteen- L.A, Part 2

Matt had been dreading telling Alison about L.A, he couldn't find it in himself to tell her. But he knew he had to. He had asked Alison out on a date, which had been regular for them now as they were usually weekly.

He took a deep breath, then knocked on her door. He didn't really understand why he was so nervous, what was the worst that could happen?

Matt was a over thinker. Always had been, always will be. It was something out of his control, though he wished he could just push away all of the thoughts that came to his head that resulted in anxiety.

Alison answered after about 20 seconds. She came out in a flowy white dress, that went down to her knees. It had lacing on the neckline, and a corset built waist. She had pearl earrings and a necklace on, and the bracelet he gave her on their first date. She looked extravagant, as the moon lit up her beautiful eyes.

As Alison opened the door, she wanted to gasp. Matt looked so handsome, he had a button up shirt on and dress pants. As always though, he had a chain and some sneakers on. He looked so pretty as the moon hit his beaming face, as he handed Alison a singular red rose.

Alison practically grinned as she took the rose, extremely excited for the night ahead of them. Her and Matt's dates were always amazing. Whether they went to the movies, bowling, ice skating, to a nice restaurant, they were together, and it was that that mattered.

"Hey Ali. You look.. beautiful tonight." He complimented the pretty girl standing in front of him.

As Alison thanked him, she thought about how much she really had tried that night. She perfected the perfect amount of makeup, which was not too much but not not enough. She had worn her brand new dress she bought for the occasion, and spent extra time styling her curly hair with products.

As Matt drove them to the restaurant, he found himself getting more and more anxious. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves, as he always did when he got anxious.

Alison immediately recognized this breath. Matt was nervous. He always did that same breath when he had anxiety, and she could recognize it always. After knowing Matt for so long and being the main person he opened up to about his anxiety, Alison often found herself being able to read Matt like a book. She didn't exactly understand why he was nervous though, they had had multiple dates before this and he seemed just fine with it.

"Hey are you ok?" Alison asked, as she set her hand down on top of his at a red light.

"Yeah I'm good. Thank you." He mumbled, clearly trying not to worry her.

They drove in silence the rest of the way, like they sometimes did because it was nice to just listen to the music.

Once they got to the restaurant and were seated then served with their food, Matt putt down his fork and drew in a breath.

"I need to tell you something, but I'm not really sure if it's bad or good news.." Matt started, looking at her carefully.

Alison nodded for Matt to go on, as she held his hand for comfort.

"So we are moving to L.A." he said, and released the breath he didn't realize he was holding in.

"What!? That's amazing!" Alison exclaimed, happy for Matt.
"Why is that a bad thing, though?"

"Well I mean if I'm in L.A I can't see you often, and when I'm in L.A I'll be working on a lot of stuff for our YouTube and new podcast that's were starting and I will be really busy."

"Matt that's ok, I get it you need to work on your career. This is important to you Nick and Chris, and I understand that."

Matt sat silently for a minute before he practically whispered,
"But what if we break up?"

"Oh Matt. Don't say that. We are just getting started, and this distance can't bring us apart, no way." Alison assured Matt, smiling at him.

It wasn't that Matt wanted to break up, both he and Alison knew that without saying it. He was just scared of what was to come, and what obstacles they would face in their relationship.

"Really?" Matt asked Alison, wanting her confirmation.

"Really. I'd never leave you don't ever think that again, ok?" She asked, and Matt promised he wouldn't.
___________________________________