Chapter Eleven- Apologies

-Matt Sturniolo's POV-
I went into my room and slumped against the wall and cried. How could they do this to me? Alison didn't even tell me, and neither did my own brother.

My sadness slowly turned to anger, and I knew I had to confront Chris.

I walked out of my room and saw Chris in the kitchen grabbing a Pepsi.

"I need to talk to you. Now."  I demanded.

"Uh hold up I'm drinking my Pepsi right now-"

"No It needs to be now."

"Ok ok jeez." He murmured, following me outside.

I took a deep breath to try to calm myself down.

"What's wrong? Are you ok Matt?" Chris asked, worried.

"No I'm not fucking ok. Your in love with Alison?"

"Uhm what? No of course not why would you think that." He rambled nervously, touching his neck.

"Because I just heard Nick talking to Alison about it, he asked if I knew about her feelings for you. How could you not tell me this? I'm your fucking brother."

I could tell Chris was shocked. He dropped his soda, spilling it all over the floor.
"Wait what the fuck? Alison doesn't have feelings for me."

"Well how can you explain that? Do you have feelings for her?"

"I honestly don't know why you heard Nick asked Alison that, she doesn't have feelings for me." He took a deep breath. "But yes, I love her."

I took a minute to process what he had just said.
"Why wouldn't you tell me this?"

"What?" Chris scoffed. "Why would I have told you? I didn't know you guys were dating you guys never told me."

"I have to talk to Alison about this." I said, walking away.
___________________________________
-Alison Hills's POV-
Matt walked up to me after I left nicks room, and he looked upset.

"Hey Matt is everything ok? You look upset."

"No Alison I'm not ok! Your in love with my brother?"

"What?!" I chocked. "No no oh my gosh why would you think that?"

"I heard you talking to Nick."

"Shit. Ok, the truth is that I used to be in love with Chris. Or so I thought. I thought I was in love with him, but then I started having feelings for you. And then that got me questioning between the two of you. But after that I realized that I was never in love with Chris, it was always you. It's always been you Matt, I promise."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered, his eyes watering up.

"Matt I'm so sorry I was going to but I didn't know how to. I knew that if I did though it would break your heart and I don't ever want you upset. I'm so sorry for lying to you I know it was wrong." I broke down, crying. I felt so bad for lying to the boy in front of me. He didn't deserve that, I feel horrible.

"I'm sorry but I need time to think about this." Matt said, taking a deep breath and walking away from me.

Chris walked up to me.
"He's hella mad. Did you guys make up?"

"Nope. He said he needed time to think."

"That's understandable. If you need me to talk to him I can if you want." Chris offered.

"No it's ok. I'm going to go to Nicks room." I said.
___________________________________
                      -Chris Sturniolo's POV-
Little did Alison know I heard her whole conversation with Matt.
She had been in love with me?

It hit me that if I had told her I loved her sooner, none of this would have happened. It would be me dating her, not Matt.

I know that I need to give up on her, but I just can't. She's all I think about, and now it kills me to know that I could have had her but now she's with Matt.

Part of me doesn't think I'll ever stop loving her; she's apart of me, whether I like it or not. I don't think she truly knows or will ever know how strong my feelings are for her.

God I hate to see her with Matt, it physically hurts my heart. But I know it's the right thing to help them make up. And I know that Matt really cares about her, and that they deserve each other.

Besides- Matt is the boyfriend I could never be, I don't think I could take care of Alison like he could.
___________________________________
                    -Alison Sturniolo's POV-
I walked into Nicks room.

"Matt heard our entire conversation Nick.." I told him.

"What?! Oh my god what did he say?" Nick exclaimed, intrigued.

I sighed. "He's really mad at me, and he said he needed time to think about it. I feel so horrible for not telling him I should have told him that."

"Your right you honestly should have, but there's nothing you can do about it now."

"Yeah. He also knows Chris is in love with me.. and that I used to have feelings for him too."

"Shit. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I think I need to give him some time, so that he can think about it then we can talk it out later."

"That sounds good. He's definitely gonna need some time to process."
___________________________________
-Chris Sturniolo's POV-
I went to apologize to Matt.
I found him out on our porch, sitting on a bench looking down. I could tell he was lost in thought. When I came over, he was staring off into space, his mind clearly somewhere else.

"Oh shit you scared me. I thought you were Alison." Matt murmured, looking up at me.

"I just wanted to apologize to you. I'm sorry that I was rude about not telling you about Alison, your right your my brother and I should have told you. I just didn't know how to, it took me a while to accept it myself and I wasn't ready to tell anyone else." I told Matt as I carefully chose my words.

"It's ok, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you either. Honestly you shouldn't be apologizing I should be. I got mad at you when you didn't tell me you had feelings for her but I hadn't even told you that we were dating, I'm sorry bro."

Me and Matt shook hands in agreement that we were ok now.
___________________________________