1: In The Shadows

Hawks pov:

A normal day draws to an end. As my patrols come to an end with the setting sun. I go to my office to file reports on the crimes I've helped deal with today.

Upon opening my laptop on my desk. I spot a letter.

With a heavy sigh. A wave of exhaustion overcomes me.

"Looks like I'm working overtime again."

As I open the letter to read my mission. There's a vibration pulsing in my coat. When I check my phone. A smile softly before texting back.

Enji:<Are you coming home for dinner tonight? You've been working yourself to death. So I wanna make you something special.>

Haw:<Wish I could be there, but it's another late night. Looks like another got away.>

Enji:<Be careful.>

I smile a send a kiss enoji before turning off my phone. I then cut off the lights and lock up for the night. Before I head up to the roof and change clothes. It's simular to my hero outfit. Only the white fluff is a deep crimson, and the burnt yellow is black. I then put on my dark blue goggles and lift the hood over my head.

I then head to a house in the slums. It is there that I see a mother trying to protect her daughter from her violent father.

^Name, sazuku tojimiya. Repeat customer of the local jail due to his violent tendency towards his family and land lady. Now that he has threatened to kill them if he got out again. The courts have failed them. Since he was beaten up by the neighbor. He got sympathy from the jury and walked out. With a donation of food to the local food bank, and evidence of his crimes. I've been hired to make him disappear.^

The moment I see both curl up to hide. I swoop in and grab the villian. I then leave behind their letter as proof that he'll no longer bother them.

I then take him to the roof. Where I've put plenty of beer for him to drink. Before hiding above. The moment  the liquid enters his body. The 300 proof alcohol burns. Yet he continues. As I knew, he was an adict and wouldn't refuse. Once he passes out. I lift him to a nearby track. Just in time for the first train to roll in.

On the way home. I listen to music to drown out those sounds. Bones crunching beneath steel and the squeal of breaks ring out in the quiet streets below. After his death is confirmed. I head home and listen to soft instrumental music.

3rd person pov:

As Hawks flys over the streets. Someone spots him below. They watch as he goes home. Only to turn around once Hawks takes off his hood.

Hawks pov:

When I open the door. Those massive arms engulf me in an embrace. It's enji, who is getting ready for work. Since I was out all night. I wasn't able to sleep beside him. So he tilts my head up. His hands cupping my face before he places a gentle kiss on my forehead.

Enji:"Take today off and rest. You've worked enough and saved plenty. Now it's time to take care of yourself. I'll make up an excuse that you woke up with a fever."

Haw:"What if someone else needs me after hours?"

Enji:"it can wait one night. I'll even watch to stop things if it looks dangerous."

As I take off my gear. He starts the hot water for a relaxing bath.

Enji:"I won't leave until I know you are resting. So start getting ready."

I head into the bathroom to wash up. Then I relax in the water for a few minutes before getting dried off and into some shorts.

As I walk out with a towel to dry my hair. I see enji leave , but not before he pats my head.

Enji:"I'll be home for dinner. No need to worry. I'll be cooking. So enjoy the time off."

Haw:"Love you and watch out for crazys."

With a smile. He waves before closing the door behind him.

After grabbing a small snack bar to eat. I hear footsteps at the door. Then a paper slides under it. So I pick it up and open the door. Only to see no one around. So I close the door and walk into the bedroom to sit down and open the envelope. That's when I see a beautiful drawing of a perched bird from behind. It appears to be chirping at a rising sun. A closer look shows that there are no details of feathers on the back.

Haw:"Must have been a fan drawing. They must've followed me home one day. Better tell the boss before trouble happens."

I use feathers to lock up the house. Then i lay down to rest. Only to wake up to the front door opening. Then I see a hand reaches for me from behind.