10: Face The Truth

3rd person pov:

Enji returns home with hawks favorite fried chicken. In hopes of cheering the hero up. When he walks into the bedroom. He sees Hawks lying in bed.

Enji:"Looks like tomorrow we can talk."^I'd better pack him a lunch with the food I got.^

Enji leaves the room and starts making his bento box for work tomorrow. He then writes a letter and puts it inside.

When enji finishes up. He hops in the shower and crawls into bed. Since Hawks is facing him. Enji lightly rubs Hawks hand.

Enji:"I love you baby bird."

Enji kisses his forehead. That's when hawks opens his eyes. For a spit second they widen and hawks backs away. So enji pulls him in close.

Enji:"It's alright. I've got you know."

Hawks tenses up until he hears enji speak. Then, he nuzzles into his chest.

Haw:^When I saw his eyes. I thought that dabi was laying beside me. I never noticed until now that they have the same eyes.^

Enji:"Sorry that I didn't text you this time. I thought that it would indanger you. I'm so happy to see you're back."

The next day seemed normal. Except that hawks never made eye contact. Whether it's saving someone, teaching tokoyami, or interviews. He never once made eye contact.

That night he reports to his boss and keeps his head down.

Com:"Hawks, is there something wrong? You seem distant and upset."

Haw:"What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine."

He said with a smile.

Com:"Don't play dumb with me. I raised you and can tell when you're upset. So start talking. "

Haw:"I..... I've got a lot on me. Between spying, having a student, and saving people. It's beginning to be too much."

Com:"Is t h at why you modeled on the internet? We had to scrub sites before the images got out of you and dabi. Does Endeavor lnow?"

He looks on her desk and sees pictures.

Haw:"No ma'am."

Com:"T h en talk to him before someone else does. Then I have one last thing for you to do."

She hands him a red letter of another assassin job.

Com:"This is the last life you are to take. Should it come to that. I hope you can save him. Before Jin becomes a threat."

Hawks opens it to see twice's picture.

Haw:"Understood."

As Hawks leaves the office. He gets a text.

Dabi<rooftop now>

With a sigh. He heads up to see dabi.

Haw:"You recorded us?"

Dabi:"I needed something on you. Luckily, your cover is safe. Unless you told him."

Haw:"You know I haven't."

Dabi:"Now you know the fear his family has. Now you're a part of it. So did he ever check up on you?"

Haw:"He said he didn't want me to get hurt."

Dabi:"Guess again little bird. He was too busy to care."

Dabi shows hawks how many interviews vs crimes he helped with those days.

Dabi:"Instead of searching for you. He was trying to keep his image up."

Haw:"You're wrong. You don't know him like I do."

Dabi:"Oh, but I do know him. He's the kind of guy to hurt his own children to make his dream come true. If you don't believe me. Go to his son's grave."

Hawks looks down in defeat.

Haw:"He's only using me."

Dabi:"Bingo. Now let's go. We have a meeting for the final part of our plan."

Dabi texts for a open portal, and both walk through. As the meeting goes on. Hawks makes note of everything he needs for his mission. Once everyone leaves. Dabi shoves hawks into another portal that leads to the bar.

Dabi:"Let's celebrate the end of the current system. The world is about to change thanks to you."

That night, enji doesn't see Hawks. So he waits again for him. When morning comes. Hawks tries to sneak back in the house. As Hawks takes off his coat and lifts his shirt. He hears the click of a light and quickly covers himself.

Enji:"Where were you last night?"

Haw:"I was spying on the league."

Enji:"Are you sure?"

Enji throws pictures on the table.

Enji:"These came with a new drawing. "

Haw:"Enji i-"

Enji:"I trusted you."

Enji reaches for hawks. Who lowers in fear. So enji backs away.

Enji:"What did I do? What can I change to please you better? If we need counciling I'll go. Just tell me why you slept with him."

Hawks begins to panic. As he's about to walk away. Enji grabs his shirt. When it lifts. Enji sees something that catches his eye.

Haw:"Let me go!"

Enji gets on his knees and lifts hawks shirt. That's when he sees a fresh burns mixed with old ones that hawks hasn't treated yet.

Enji:"He...... he hurt you?"

As enji flairs up and stands. Hawks falls to his knees.

Haw:"It's my fault! It all my fault."

Enji looks down and sees Hawks crying.

Haw:"I only did it to help in the mission. I... I thought if I flirted he would relax and give intell.  I never wanted it to go further, but then I got drunk, and he lead me to the bedroom. The next visit was painful. As he forced himself on me! I'm so sorry. It's my fault. He even branded me as his."

Enji:"He what!?"

Hawks takes off his shirt to show everything.

Enji embraces hawks.

Enji:"None of this is your fault. You were only trying to save others. You don't have to go back any more."

Haw:"I do, though. My boss has given me a job. I have to either convince or kill twice."

Enji:"Then I'll go with you."

Haw:"There's no need. You'll be more important at another location. Dabi won't be near me. So I'll be fine."

Enji:"When is the attack?"

Haw:"One month from now."