The Making of Indomitable: A Hybrid's Resurrection

Some of my readers may be wondering why I suddenly decided to make a story revolving around Alice the Indominus. Specifically one focusing on resurrecting her from the grave. But when you look back at one of my older stories, you can already see the seeds being planted for this idea.

In chapter 12 of Ripper's Journey, it's mentioned that the fragments of Alice's bones were found at the Lockwood Manor. So, I didn't just randomly make this story out of nowhere, it was set up two whole years ago.

Now, as with any story I make it has to go through multiple iterations and drafts. And the original version was drastically different from the one that ended up making the cut.

Originally, the title was going to be "The Love of Two Hybrids" and as you can already infer from the title, it would've been a romantic story as opposed to the more psychological plot of the final draft.

The two hybrids in question are of course Alice, since she's the main protagonist and a cream colored male Indominus Rex who was going to be a bit more feral than Alice.

If the description of a cream colored Indominus sounds familiar, it's because this is what would eventually become IRX-03 or Indominant in the final draft. Now, as for Indominant's color scheme, there were a lot of colors that were available to pick from and originally he was going to be colored after the Level 20 Indominus Rex from Jurassic World The Game. But that's not how he ended up looking.

The idea of a cream colored Indominus Rex came from a knockoff Lego Indominus that I owned at the time which was one of my favorite figures, I just really liked the unique creamy coloration it had. Was a nice contrast to the usual pale white we often see. I'm not sure where the figure is now, but because I liked it so much I decided that one of the new characters would be colored after that knockoff figure.

As for his role, I'm not sure if he had much of a personality in that original draft. Because in essence, he was the Indominus Rex equivalent of Ripper the Indoraptor from my other stories. A dinosaur who would slowly warm up to Alice after a while of being with her.

In fact, the entirety of The Love of Two Hybrids felt like it was just Ripper's Journey but with two Indominus Rexes instead of an Indoraptor and a Velociraptor. The whole plot was a bit scattered and it was never finished though I do remember some key elements.

The way in which Alice was detained in the final draft was not changed, she was held down by a bunch of chains and had a collar on her neck. But early on in the story she would break through the collar with her bare hands. I thought that didn't make much sense seeing as that collar was made out of metal, and there's no way she's getting that thing off without hurting herself.

Alice also would've escaped much earlier without any additional help and it would have led to a chase scene with a bunch of jeeps with guns. After that... Nothing much happened in this story.

Admittedly, the first draft is not always going to be the best draft but it almost felt like this story was more or less filler since nothing major happens during it, and that's made very clear considering what the final battle was supposed to be.

After a date with Indominant, he and Alice were just minding their own business, walking through the afternoon forest. Then a rumble is felt throughout the area and out comes a ravenous hybrid to ruin their day. The hybrid in question? Tyrannolophosaur from Jurassic World Alive. Interestingly enough, this wasn't the first time this creature was cut from my stories since it was supposed to appear in Ripper's Journey II: The Son Of Ripper but was replaced by Takuma the Thoradolasaur.

How did the fight go? Imagine this, two bears fighting a wolf. Sure, wolves are quite dangerous but what can they do against two angry bears? That's essentially what this fight was, it was unfair. The poor Tyrannolophosaur didn't stand a single chance in hell.