Dinosaur Train Evolution: Planning Out The Third Half.

You should be very aware by now that my first fanfic, Dinosaur Train Evolution has ended after four years but I did leave you guys with a tease for a sequel and I do intend to deliver on that eventually.

Like with every story, obviously there will be many drafts and Dinosaur Train Evolution is no different, especially since we're going to be talking about the ending which was changed drastically from what it was supposed to be.

Before this, the biggest change I made in terms of the second to last draft was the Vacation Arc, in that arc Buddy and his team go to an island named Kauai to investigate the place because there were Hyper Hybrids spotted there but originally that wasn't the case, the reason why it's called the Vacation Arc is because it actually would've been a vacation.

Basically what would have happened was that the Pteranodon Family were bored out of their minds and they wanted to spend some time in somewhere else other than their home, and Mr. Conductor would suggest that they should go to Kauai to spend their vacation and in this early draft there was no plans for action scenes apart from a chase scene involving Buddy and a Tylosaurus.

Side Note: if you've read my other story Ripper's Journey II: The Son Of Ripper, you'd already be familiar with Tylosaurus and the one that would've shown up here would have been the same exact one from Ripper's Journey II.

It honestly doesn't make sense why they'd take a vacation to Kauai since it's a tropical island, their own home already is a tropical island so why go to another place if it's so similar to your home that they're literally interchangeable?

There was also a chapter called "Fountain Of Youth" where Buddy and his team would have been turned into kids after drinking from a fountain which would've been interesting since they'd essentially be themselves from ten years ago, but alas I thought it would've been a bit too silly and it would've basically been a nostalgia trip with the team becoming kids again.

That original draft also contained a chapter called "T-Glider" which I am very ashamed of, I know I said I would never be ashamed of writing DTE but what I meant was the final drafts, I actually don't like some of my original ideas since this chapter was nothing more than filler, it would have introduced Connie but the main focus was Buddy making a glider for himself so he could fly.

The main reason this was cut was because the real Dinosaur Train show actually made an episode similar to this where Buddy does fly with the help of makeshift wings, but it would have been impossible for him to do that now, a T.rex weighs about 9 tons in this universe so there's no way he's getting off the ground with that glider and he would have plummeted to his demise.

But since he's the main character we can't have that now can we?

I'm not sure but I remember that Connie wasn't supposed to be Valkyrie's daughter, but a random Pteranodon that the Pteranodon Family would encounter while on their vacation who they eventually adopt into their family but I thought it would've made her more relevant if she was related to Valkyrie.

Now about the last half of this book, during this time I was trying to plan out a rival for Valkyrie, somebody who he has a history with that he would reluctantly team up with even if he hated their guts.

That's when I thought of Phoenix, and I chose him specifically since the Phoenix Of Flame otherwise known as Flara has always been a divine figure in this story so I thought it would be interesting if there was a villain named after her.

Something I cut out during this finale was a chapter called "Wing Queen" which was another filler chapter and it would have been about Shiny entering a race to pay tribute to her dad who used to be a racer himself (in my universe, not in the actual Dinosaur Train canon.) and in that chapter I would have introduced a reccuring villain that I am not really that fond of today and I'm glad I cut her out.