New Guy

Y/n was sitting in the apartment looking at a coupon for Restaurant Constellation for Monday at 7:30 for a reservation he had set up for the very special occasion he has planned, the perfect place to ask Mary Jane that question every woman likes. He then turns to the door as he hears some knocking.

Y/n: Yeah?

Mary Jane: [From behind door] It's me.

Y/n: Hey.

Y/n tries opening the drawer next to him to hide the ring, but the handle comes off.

Mary Jane: [From behind door] Y/n, you know I can't open the door.

Y/n: It's stuck again?

Mary Jane: [From behind door] Just come on and help me.

Y/n: I'm coming. [Opens door] Hey.

Mary Jane: [Holds up paper] The review. They hated it. They hated me.

Y/n: Well, they can't hate you.

Mary Jane: [Reads paper] "The young Miss Watson is a pretty girl... easy on the eyes, but not on the ears. Her small voice didn't carry past the first row."

Y/n: That's ridiculous, I was right there.

Mary Jane: You were in the first row.

Y/n: Yeah, this... Listen, you were great. That's a critic. This is something you're gonna have to get used to. Believe me, I know. Spider-Man gets attacked all the time.

Mary Jane: This isn't about you. This is about me. It's about my career.

Y/n: I know, and I'm just saying you can't let it bring you down. You gotta believe in yourself and pull yourself together. You get right back on the horse and...

Mary Jane: [Not interested] Don't give me the horse thing. [Regains composure] Try and understand how I feel. It's just... I look at these words... and it's like my father wrote them.

Radio: All cars. All cars in the vicinity of 54th and Sixth Avenue, please report. Crane out of control, approach with caution.

Y/n: "Go get them, tiger"? [Mary Jane sighs] I'm sorry.

Y/n puts on the costume and swings off, leaving Mary Jane in the apartment.

Suddenly Eddie runs over to the two, hoping to get a few shots of Spider-Man.

Eddie: Hey, Spidey, hold on. Bugle needs a photo. [To Gwen] Thank God you're okay.

Gwen Stacy: [Runs over to Captain Stacy] Daddy.

Eddie: Hey. I'm the new guy.

Spider-Man: [Confused] New guy?

Captain Stacy: You okay?

Eddie: From now on, I am gonna be taking shots of you for the Bugle. So smile. Are you smiling? Just kidding.

Spider-Man: They got a guy.

Eddie: Who, Parker? Yeah, look, just between you and me, guy's kind of an amateur. Have you noticed his stuff makes you look a little bloated? Just... Yeah, a little chunky.

Spider-Man: [Conflicted] Okay.

Spider-Man runs off and swings away, and Eddie's still taking pictures of him.

Eddie: But you don't have to worry about that anymore, buddy.

At the Daily Bugle, J. Jonah Jameson is seen looking ahead to Hoffman who's standing in front of a board with wordings on it, used for some slogan.