Chapter 22: Link vs Cloud

Third POV

As Mei pressed the button, the next video played with the rocking intro music.

"These fighters are two of the most iconic swordsmen in videogame history." Boomstick started the video. "Known for taking on things out of their league and barely speaking a word."

"Ooh the strong silent types." Mina said with a smile. "Me likey."

"Really?" Hagakure asked before whispering. "Midori is strong, but silent is not really his thing."

"I can have more than one type and cute, sweet, dorky yet confident badass is one Midori fits perfectly." Mina whispered back. "Plus, why do you think I liked going over the video of Midori fighting Monoma, back in our match against his team, so much? He looked so cool!"

"Link, the Champion of Hyrule and Princess Zelda's babysitter." Wiz introduced the first fighter.

"Excuse me?" Momo raised her eyebrow at the last part.

"Well no offense Yaomomo, but your Zelda counterpart was said to always be helped by others." Kyouka said.

"And Cloud Strife, Guardian of the Lifestream, and orphans." Boomstick introduced the second.

Kouta and Eri perked up at the last part, wondering if that meant he would guard them, the two horn wearing kids orphans themselves. Meanwhile, Bakugou was already accepting bets that the similar-haired sword wielder was his own counterpart.

"In this Death Battle, things will be a bit more specific." Wiz jumped in. "Since both fighters use vast customizable and ever-changing arsenals, in this battle, they will wield what they are most comfortable taking into the battle, ie their most used and famous tools from their whole canon story at this point in time. And remember, in Death Battle, there are no outside help allowed."

"Oh but Boomstick, they have summons and they're cool and fairies and-Shut UP!" Boomstick said in a mocking voice before shouting. "This is our show and this is how we do shit!"

"Interesting." Nezu hummed. "Another interesting change."

"I suppose they wish to minimize their weapons and gear so as to not analyze possibly dozens of weapons and gear." Vlad theorized.

"Or they can only use up to a certain amount of their tools at a time in their worlds, so they are going for their most used and strongest weapons." Snipe replied.

"Aww." Kaminari groaned. "I really wanted to see those summons. Look! Its giant, lightning shooting dragon!"

"Get over it!" Bakugou yelled. "Let's just get to the fucking video already!"

"I'm Wizard and he's Boomstick." Wiz introduced the both of them. And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle!"

The first fighter was the very same elf-looking hero from Zelda vs Peach. The group saw him in various different forms, some short, some tall, some darker looking and others more vibrant and colorful; however, the one most prominent was one of his more darker toned version. This appearance had light skin, ocean blue eyes, pointy elvish ears, and blonde hair, most of it covered by a dark green, long cap. His body was covered in green clothes, a white undershirt and golden chainmail armor underneath, a light brown, leather belt over his waist, turning the remainder of his clothes past his waist look like a skirt, light brown pants for his legs and brown leather boots, and his hands and wrists covered in leather gloves and reddish-brown and black wrist guards. A leather strap was strapped diagonally across his chest, with a sword and shield strapped on his back.