Chapter 33: Luigi vs Tails

Third POV

The video finished loading and began with the same metal music and bloody logo.

"With the dragon slain and the princess rescued, the hero revels in gold, glory and cake." Wiz began the introduction.

"But they couldn't have done it without a little help." Boomstick pointed out.

"The sidekick." Wiz revealed the fight's theme. "The people's champion would be lost without his player 2."

"Sidekicks, huh?" Mount Lady raised an eyebrow. "That sounds interesting."

"A rather perfect matchup and concept for the students to see, given that most of them will become sidekicks to Hero agencies when they graduate, most prevalently the Big Three." Ryukyu pointed out, looking down towards Nejire who she already accepted a position as a sidekick under her long-time Hero Mentor.

Miruko scoffs. "You all might get sidekicks, but not me!" Miruko stuck her chin up, her proud face smirking. "This bunny don't need no sidekicks!"

"Really?" Ryukyu raised an eyebrow at her friend. "What about when you asked me for Asui or Uraraka for an internship or work study in the future? And Midoriya for that matter?"

"That's internships, totally different!" Miruko corrected her, turning her head away in huff. "And I'm just curious to see what those kids got. Not like I'm expecting any one of them to impress me enough to become a sidekick."

Ryukyu rolled her eyes at her friend's long-time disdain and refusal of sidekicks and team ups. "We'll see." She replied.

While they talked, Endeavor turned his thoughts towards his own sidekicks, specifically his most main and trusted sidekick, Burnin. He remembered how he left her the run of the agency while he was here overseeing Shoto's training, as well as the other students, as a guest. He also remembered how loudly she complained into his ear when he informed her of this visit extending, though he didn't tell her about the device and these videos being the true reason for his extended visit.

"Such as Luigi, Mario's younger brother." Wiz introduced the first fighter.

"And Tails the Fox, Sonic's deformed, flying stalker." Boomstick introduced the latter.

"So, these are related to Mario and Sonic." Izuku perked up, now more interested than before, especially revolving around his counterpart's own sidekick.

"So, this Luigi is Mario's brother?" Nejire questioned, tilting her head cutely. "Do you have a brother, Mirio?"

"Nope!" Mirio shook his head, still smiling, before wrapping an arm around Tamaki and Midoriya. "Unless you mean a brother in all but blood, in which case, they're right here!"

Tamaki blushed out of embarrassment, but that quickly changed into a bright smile. "Thank you, Mirio." Amajiki replied. "You're a brother to me, too."

"Same here." Izuku smiled brightly.

The girls all cooed at the rather adorable and sweet scene between the three best friends, this and Mirio's laughter only bringing back Amajiki's blushing embarrassment and earned Midoriya's own. Todoroki smiled softly at the scene, likewise, seeing Midoriya, his first real friend and the one who saved him from himself, as brother in all but blood, a sort of welcome addition to his family alongside his actual brother Natsuo and his sister Fuyumi.

Thinking about his sister, Todoroki felt a lightbulb turn on his head. 'It's obvious that the girls see Midoriya as more of a friend, and Midoriya isn't the kind to reject their advances.' Todoroki thought, accurately assessing that a harem forming between Midoriya and the girls was inevitable. 'And Fuyumi has been feeling rather lonely and she took to Midoriya very well during our family dinner. Perhaps I can fix both her loneliness and have Midoriya as a brother in blood?'