Chapter 27: He-Man vs Lion-O

Third POV

Another day of U.A. High School had come and passed, rushing like a breeze for some and like an eternity for others.

Both Class 1-A and Class 1-B participated in a 5-person race among their classmates towards the end of one of the training zones as fast as possible, Class 1-A finding the task rather similar to their own 5-person race earlier in the year, right after their first internships. When asked about this comparison, the teachers explained for this to be a way to see how they have all improved since then.

Many of the teens from both classes were paired with each other, making a mix of 2-3 1-A students or 2-3 1-B students, with an added sixth member to one of the groups to add in Shinsou, who came upon Aizawa's insistence. Such notable best performances included the likes of Bakugou who outpaced his competition using his explosions, Iida racing his way through the faux city streets, his noticeable, greater flexibility and adaptiveness, that Iida attributed to Deku's notes over Shadow and Sonic, helping secure his victory, and surprisingly Pony, who took inspiration from Harry Potter flying around via his Broomstick and tried a little of his flying to her own via her floating, controllable horns.

Another surprising display was shown by Yaoyorozu, who, rather than create a bike, skateboard or any type of vehicle to maneuver through the streets, she instead went airborne. Momo would grapple to the top of the tallest buildings via a created grappling hook and then would fall off of it, notably leaving her red cape behind. Before anyone could panic however, the young genius instead showed off another tool she created, hidden prior by her red cape: another cape, a black one. Using a pair of electric gloves she made and unfolding the cape, Yaoyorozu began gliding through city, the shape of the cape when spread out made it no secret who she copied the design from: Batman.

Upon reaching first place among her group, she was immediately hounded by her classmates on what she had done. Momo revealed that, using notes she borrowed from Izuku, that she figured out how to make a cape of her own and how to get it to be able to glide and unfold for her to grapple again. Yaoyorozu received high marks and praise, though none mattered to her more than Izuku's, his awe and praise of her made the Yaoyorozu heiress feel giddy inside.

It was to no one's surprise how she was pulled aside by Edgeshot who wished to discuss more of her skills, many already coming to the conclusion that the Shinobi Hero was considering taking on Yaoyorozu as an intern or sidekick.

Finally, came Izuku's group, consisting of himself, Sero, Asui, Kuroiro, Honenuki, and Shinsou. When the bell started for their time to go, many thought that the ones to take the gold for this round would be Sero, Honenuki, and Kuroiro, the first able to swing around with his tapes, Kuroiro to seep into the shadows and zoom across the shadows of the faux city easily, and Honenuki being able to soften the whole ground and easily swim through the earth.

As custom as it is for him, Izuku proved them wrong. In a fashion similar to Yaoyorozu, Deku, using Full Cowling to jump his way to the higher tops of the buildings, he would start running down the side of the building, jump off the side and let out Black Whip. In a large and arcing swing, Deku rocketed himself forward. The students were then witnessed to Deku using Black Whip and swinging around with grace and agility that reminded them of his counterpart: Spider-Man.

However, the Green Bean wasn't the only one to show their knowledge from the videos as Asui, Sero, and Shinsou were quick to pull out their own swinging, from Sero's tapes and using his feet to jump off and give him greater momentum, Asui, who did similarly to Sero but with greater leg strength and her tongue to swing from, and Shinsou, who used his capture scarf to help swing him around. He was the slowest and shakiest of the four, but his attempts, boldness, and greater ease upon repetition was a testament to his drive and dedication. Those words coming from Aizawa meant a lot to Shinsou.