Chapter 36: Godzilla vs Gamera

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated this story. I've been busy with life and other obligations. I'll be updating my stories and there's going to be new stuff coming very soon!

As Mei pressed the button, the video began, though the milliseconds in between held the rising excitement of various members of the group, like Bakugou and Setsuna, and maddening curiosity about how the teaser and name of the fighters implied the Japanese-born American Hero, Godzillo, but the o changed to an a. Those curious souls included Hero fanboy Izuku Midoriya and resident Americans like Melissa, Pony, and David Shield.

Midoriya felt a sense of worry from the previous, loud roar from the teaser that led to him swapping seats again with Iida and keeping Eri and Kouta close and staying as close as possible to Jiro.

"Kaiju," Wizard began the video with the word upfront over a scene of a kaiju erupting from the water. "The Japanese word for-"

"A giant monster that destroys everything around it!" Boomstick exclaimed.

Setsuna could not hold her squeals any longer. "AAAAAHHHHHH!" Setsuna let out a girlish scream of delight that took the 1-A students by surprise.

Jiro cringed at the scream, rubbing her ears. "We're not even at the video and my ears are already getting fucked up," Jiro groaned.

"Sorry, girl, really," Setsuna quickly apologized before her fangirlish enthusiasm returned to full force. "I'm just so excited!"

Momo noticed that the 1-B students looked unfazed by Setsuna's squeal and, if anything, looked prepared with hands over their ears, Itsuka, Ibara, and Awase even using their Quirks to cover their ears more thoroughly with giant hands, a cocoon of vine hair and a pair of metal plates.

"I suppose you were expecting this to happen," Momo figured.

Itsuka had removed her giant hands from her ears in time to hear Momo's words. "Yep," Itsuka nodded, sighing. "Tokage's a bit of... okay, a lot of, a Kaiju fan."

"Well, of course, I would be!" Tokage exclaimed, her eyes alit with excitement and her sharp-tooth grin. "Why wouldn't I be?! Kaiju are so cool! They are large giant creatures that can destroy anything around them, but some are also cool Heroes, like Godzillo."

As Setsuna continued listing her reasons for her love of Kaiju, Izuku blushed at the sight of the often cool-headed, sassy teen acting like such a fangirl. 'She's just like me with heroes,' Izuku thought, finding such passion and excitement in her eyes beautiful to look at, as well as cute. Izuku smiled widely.

"Like Godzilla, the King of the Monsters." Boomstick introduced the first Kaiju fighter.

"And Gamera, the Guardian of the Universe," Wiz introduced the other.

"Wait, Gamera is actually in this fight?! That's so awesome!" Setsuna exclaimed again.

"Oh, yeah, I remember him," Izuku blinked in recognition. "He's a giant turtle Kaiju Hero that can fly from all those movies."

"You don't know the half of it, Green Bean," Setsuna's grin grew wider as the ends of her mouth practically reached her blushing cheeks. "Godzillo may be my favorite real-life Hero, but Gamera is my favorite fictional one."

"Not so fictional anymore, though," Yui pointed out.

"Now that you mentioned Godzillo, this Godzilla he's fighting looks remarkably similar," Melissa mentioned. "They even have nearly the same name."

"I guess this is some other universe version of Godzillo," Shinsou shrugged. "Guess it will be quite the easy counterpart to nail."

"Despite being box office rivals for half a century, these two enormous creatures have never met," Wiz noted, showing a divide between the two titular Kaiju that was closed. "Until today."