Chapter 28: Shao Kahn Vs. M. Bison

Third POV

Mei pressed the button, the device playing the next video, with the dark music and bloody title of Death Battle starting it off.

"The final boss: the final hurdle, a nightmarish foe meant to test your skill to the fullest." Wiz began the video.

"So, this must mean that these fighters are like the big bad guy in a videogame." Asui figured.

All Might and Deku felt uneasy. If their lives were a videogame, then they felt that Shigaraki and All For One were their final bosses, and Wiz claiming them as nightmarish foes was a fairly accurate statement of the two.

"And sometimes they're just plain cheap, like Shao Kahn, The Konqueror and Ruler of Outworld." Boomstick said and introduced the first fighter.

"Or Master Bison, Criminal Mastermind and Dictator of Shadaloo." Wiz introduced the second.

"Outworld." Setsuna repeated the name. "So that first guy is another guy from that Mortal Kombat universe. The one with Shang Tsung and Raiden."

"Indeed." Ibara nodded. "And since he labeled the Ruler of Outworld, he is clearly the ultimate Villain of that universe."

"Wasn't he the one that almost won and that Raiden had to mess with time to fix?" Nejire pointed out.

All Might narrowed his eyes at the image of the Konqueror of Worlds, and given his counterpart's, Raiden's, animosity with him, Toshinori had a sinking suspicion of who Kahn really is.

"And then there is M. Bison, and I think he is from the same world as Chun-Li, Blank, and Zangeif." Izuku stated, flipping through one of his notebooks, reaching the page with Chun-Li's info. "Yeah, from Chun-Li's video, M. Bison was the one that killed her father."

Miruko perked up her ears, remembering how her counterpart's dad was killed by the guy with the very same name. Now seeing that bastard's smiling face in front of her, Miruko felt her blood boiling for what he did to her father from another life, her thighs and legs practically bulging with fury and strength to jump and kick the man's teeth in, if it weren't a video.

"He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick." Boomstick said.

"And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle!" Wiz finished the intro.

The first fighter's appearance brought two things the minds of the group: Intimidating and Terrifying. The fighter was massive, as tall and as muscular as All Might's buff state, but that is where the comparisons ended. He wore a reddish-brown leather harness across his muscular chest, silver spikes or armor across the straps, with the center adorned with skull-designed armor plate. His shoulders held leather armor with clawed spikes shooting upwards, and his wrists braced with metal, spiked wrist guards. He wore a red, gladiator-styled loincloth with a silver skull on the center and his legs strapped with leather armor up to his ankles, clawed spikes on the kneecaps. He was shown wielding a mighty Warhammer. But most of intimidation came from his obscured face. His head sported a silver, often gold, warlord helmet, two demon horns sticking out and his upper face covered in a silver skull, the upper jaw ending above his sharp-tooth mouth. And peering into the eye sockets of the skull-faced helm glared out two yellow, glowing eyes that looked like those of a dragon.

The man, or whatever he was, his presence made the students, and even pros, squirm in their seats. Even Bakugou, who would have approved of the design of Villain in other time, felt uneasy, a familiar feeling of dread and terror welling up at the build and presence of the warlord.

Deku felt the same, though in his case, it was multiplied by other feelings that he registered as the Vestiges of One for All, though one of them felt more sadness and disappointment, to Deku's confusion.