(13) Quirky Old Camera

(3 weeks later)
I'm kind of freaking out here. Nicks birthday is in a week, and I have no idea what to get him. I mean, what do you get the person that has everything. I'm not ready to give him myself, and he knows that. He told me he wanted to wait till I was ready. So I am at a complete loss.

I also had to get Ash a present because Nick and her are twins. Nick being born first makes him the heir of the pack.

It's also a week before he becomes Alpha of the Nightsky Pack (A/N Don't know if I named the pack so this is the packs name) It's really nerve-racking because, Ash will become Beta-Female, I will become Alpha-Female and Beau will become Beta. I will also be welcomed into the pack as Nicks mate. Yada yada yada....

But I'm nervous. What if the pack doesn't like me? I know, I know, so cliche that I'd be worried about the pack not liking me. Then they all do, happily ever after. But, in all seriousness, what if they hate me. What if they think I'm not good enough because I'm 'human', what about when they know my whole story, from 12 years old onward, because the years before that are not a secret, nor do I want them to be. But my past wasn't all alcohol, betrayal, and people leaving. It had a fair amount of everything, I guess.

I mean yeah, there were good times. Amazing times actually. But there are also dark times that I would wish upon nobody. Not even my greatest enemy if I had one.

So enough about me and my gloomy past and back to present time.

I'm in the mall that's outside town. It had better be worth it because it took me 2 hours to get here after getting lost a few times.

I have Ashes gift. I got her some Lush body scrubs, some bath bombs, body wash, etc. But I still don't have one for Nick.

I got out my phone and started texting Ash so I wouldn't look like a tourist, and I needed some serious help.

Lyn: Hey, what did u get 4 your brother?

Ash: I got him a GIANT wolf plushy that looks like his wolf, just to take the Micky out of him. You?

Lyn: Can't think of what to get him actually, any suggestions?

Ash: He isn't a very materialistic person, he like sentiment and meaningful stuff. Something that he will remember.

Lyn: So a nice dinner?

Ash: My dear, you have a lot to learn. But you are on the right track. Okay, so he prefers fast food over fancy restaurant food, he likes sunrise not sunset, bush over beaches, he likes photography, but not writing, and he likes old things.

Lyn: So I should take him on a bush walk so we can watch the sunrise, buy some fast food breakfast, give him a camera and hope that there's an old cabin?

Ash: Pretty much yea, but I think anything to do with you would be good enough for him ;)

Lyn: Shut your ass up Ash!

Ash: Ha ha ha okie dokie Loki gotta run. Literally, dad is taking me on a perimeter run, talk to you in a bit?

Lyn: Sure

Ash: Bye

Lyn: Bye!

Ok to the camera shop, or somewhere that sells cameras...

(2 1/2 hours later)

I'm tired, I'm hungry and my feet are killing me.

I got the camera, it's a vintage polaroid camera that when you take a picture it prints it and you have to blow on it to get it to develop. Now to get home because it's like 1/4 to 5 and I've been here all bloody day and I'm a little bit sick of it right now. But no doubt I will be coming back here. Probably with Ash.

I just want to sleep...