(11) Wolves flying?!?!

It's nearing the end of the holidays guys!!! I have not started my assignment and I have to go to a birthday party tomorrow, so I really shouldn't be writing this but screw schoolwork during the holidays.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I looked at Jess with my mouth hanging open. I didn't know what to say. Before she said that she was my mums best friend it sounded like what happened to mum but I thought it was just coincidence, but I guess not.

"So why'd the Alpha say I was a traitor then?"

Jess looked like she was about to say something but the Alpha beat her to it.

"Please call me Carson, we are going to be family after all," he smiled "I'm sorry for calling you a traitor. But can you blame me when it was your father that betrayed our species."

"My father? Andrew O'Neil?"

"Yes he was let into this family because your mother loved him and she was considered part of this family, as she was my wife's best friend for years. He was told about what we were and he had planned to tell everyone in town at graduation. Then as my beautiful wife said Suzanne committed suicide the day before. He lost his chance not wanting to hurt Jessamine anymore. He then decided to keep it to himself. But when you were born he fell out of love with Jessamine but because she had been hurt so many times in that 9 months he pretended to love her as not to hurt her. He always loved you, which is one of the reasons he didn't leave. He kept this act up for years. But when Holly was born he lost it".

"As you know he started drinking and cheating on your mum. That was because he couldn't keep the secrets to himself. So when he left your mother we declared him a traitor because he betrayed our family and started by telling the police, the army, and all the armed forces he could think of. But he called them when he was drunk so they didn't investigate what he was saying. So he lost the small-paying job he had and locked himself in his small apartment that's rent was overdue. About 2 1/2 months later he was marked as a missing person. He was kicked out of his apartment and was living on the streets,"

"He lost everything. His wife, his daughters, his job, his car, everything he owned, but the clothes on his back. Then he disappeared off the face of the Earth and no-one has seen him since."

"So my father lied to me. He lied to my mum. He didn't even care about Holly! That absolute bastard! Pardon my language."

I was so angry! He doesn't even deserve to be called a father. Much less a dad.

"-Did you want to see him?"

"Huh?"

"I was just asking if you wanted to see Nick, he has recovered from the Wolfe Regra and he been told to wait in his room until you wanted to see him."

"Then yes please. I would love to see him."

I was lead up two flights of stairs to the top story of the house to the room at the end of the corridor. It was a white door edged with blackboard paint. It had lots of patterns and small drawings drawn in multicolored chalk.

I opened the door and jumped back in surprise and fright.

Nick had turned to me but his eyes were black. Not the shade, but the type where it seems you can see your own soul. I couldn't look away. He walked up to me with his eyes still soul-searchingly dark. I could've move, I was frozen to the spot with fright but I couldn't look away.

He was looking at me the whole time but all I could see and think about were his eyes. I could see something swirling in them. But before I could determine what it was, his head snapped to the right and I felt my hand pulsing.

Oh my god! I slapped him! What kind of mate am I?!?!

It was then I heard an "OH SHIT!" Come from downstairs. I heard running up the stairs with lightning speed. Then Nick went flying backwards!

I was embraced in Carson's arms with him breathing rapidly.

"I'm so sorry I was so careless Kaitlyn."

"What happened?"

I was still in complete and utter shock.

"I forgot about some of the side affects of the potion. It makes his eyes so dark that you can see his soul, it also makes him unable to recognize anyone. He's driven by an emotionless side of his wolf. Tell me you didn't stare into his eyes for long"

His voice sounded pained as he said the last sentence.

"It must have only been maybe 20 seconds at most. I'm fine rea-

He hugged me even tighter.

"Oh thank the moon goddess! Who knows what could have happened if you stared into them for more than that."

I hugged him back for a couple of seconds then let go. Just time to see Jess running up to me. She barreled into me and hugged me with all her might. Oh god she was strong!

"Come on honey, Carson will sort out his son. You'll come downstairs with me and have a cup of tea and a biscuit".

We walked downstairs and sat down on the couch. We were quiet for a couple of minutes while eating the afghan biscuit and drinking a cup of freshly brewed tea, until I chuckled nervously and said something.

"Well today has been exciting hasn't it".

---------------------------------------
Hello! Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

I was wondering what you guys think of the story.

More detail? Less detail? Longer chapters? Shorter chapters? Anything else you want me to improve on?

Yes? No? Ok.

Vote, comment, follow, share with friends, family, your grandma.

Okay...

Well, farewell my pineapples!

~Tesla