(17) Bloody Speed Demon...

'Black and green or white and yellow?' I thought to myself as I was getting ready for the ceremony. Despite how mad I was at how unforgivably cruel Nick was, it would be rude to be absent from the ceremony.

The black and green dress was ankle length. It was raven black encrusted with fake black gems at the top, then it slowly transitioned into a rich emerald at the bottom. It had a sweetheart neckline and sleeves were thick and rested on the bottoms of my shoulders, like the sleeves of Belles yellow ball gown in Beauty and the Beast. It wasn't poofy or have a petty coat so it brought out curves that I didn't even know were there.

The white and yellow dress was knee length and quite flouncy. It was a halter neck style with thick straps, so there were no sleeves, just two pieces of material that tied together at the back of your neck. It was quite tight fitting 'round the bust and rib cage but it flared out at the waist. It was type of dress you'd wear to a picnic or a family reunion. The bottom was different shades of yellow done so it looks like someone had splashed watercolor paints on it.

'HONEY! COME ON YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE IF YOU DON'T HURRY IT UP!'

My mum knew about werewolves and stuff so she freaked out when she found out I had a mate. And his parents, were her best friend and her husband.

'I'll be ten more minutes Mum! Calm down!'

I decided to wear the yellow and white dress because the green and black one seemed too date-night-ish. I put the dress on, put my hair into a neat side-fishtail braid and did my makeup light and casual.

My shoes were plain white ballet flats that had a little bow on each of the outer-ankles. I picked up my old, worn, leather bag that had Nicks present (I forgot to give it to him because of the fight we had) in it and walked out the door. I looked back at the house before I jumped into the car. I'd miss it when I moved in with Nick...

Mum drove for about 5 minutes before we got there. Bloody speed demon...

We arrived at the pack house, which had been decorated with colourful paper lanterns and pictures that looked like they'd been drawn by all the kids. In fact they probably were actually...

I jumped out of the car with my Mum in tow and ran up to the house but had to stop before I got there to retrieve my left shoe and put it back on.

I started straightening the skirt of my dress and and smoothing out my hair before I walked in.

"Honey, stop fussing with your dress, you look gorgeous. Nicholas will never know what hit him."

"Yeah ok, and Mum?"

"Yes, hon?"

"Please, call him Nick."

She laughed and pushed my inside softly.

"Ok, alright."

"Thank you... Ummm I think Jess is in the lounge with the kids.

"Ok, you find your boyfriend and we'll meet up at food and drink later. I want some fruit salad."

"Ok. See you in a bit."

"BYE!"

I walked towards the stairs and was looked at pitifully and shamefully by everyone I looked directly at. The stares were burning into the back of my skull.

Huh? Wonder what that was about?

I walked up the stairs where it was noticeably a lot more quiet. I got to the floor where Nicks room was when I heard someone uh... getting it on... in one of the bedrooms.

The noises got louder and louder as I got closer towards Nicks room, when they just stopped. I knocked on his door 'cause he might be getting changed.

"Come in!"

I opened the door and what I saw, was Nick putting on a white v-neck shirt that defined his muscles.

"Hey babe. What are you doing here?!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, he sounded panicked. Why? I got my answer a few seconds later.

"Hey, sexy? This top is way too big for me, can you get me a smaller one?"

Then Ruby walked out of the ensuite, wearing my shoulder less black top and my denim shorts that I left here when I stayed over for a night with Ash.

My jaw hit the floor, faster than you could say quidditch.

"I... you... her... YOU!!"

"Babe I can explain..."

"Explain what the LIVING FUCK I JUST WITNESSED, PLEASE GO AHEAD!"

I was yelling, but I didn't care. All I cared about, was my heart getting torn out of my chest and shoved down my esophagus so I choked on it.

"We were just... wrestling?"

I laughed with no humor, at the lie parents would tell their kids when they got caught. I'm not a child.

"HOW IN HADES COULD YOU DO THAT?!! I WAS WILLING TO MAKE A LIFE WITH YOU, TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED IN MY PAST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, TELL YOU I LOVED YOU."

"I... I don't have a good answer"

He looked down at the floor shamefully.

"Nicholas Reeves I reject you as my mate, you complete and utter asshole!"

I stormed out of the room without another word.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed my Mum. All the while, big, fat, salty, wet tears were streaming down my face in waves.

"M-mum, I want to go home. Now!"

She took one look at me and nodded.

"Alright darling. Let me grab the keys and let's go. She picked up the keys from the 'drunk driving' jar and we ran out to the car.

"Honey? Did you want to tell me what happened?"

"No. I just wanted to sleep."

"Alright."

------------------------------------------------------------
So you guys probably hate me now. I'm sorry, but it had to happen. How many of you actually saw that relationship working out? Really. I'm curious. Because to me it was doomed from the start. But I don't know maybe it was because I'm the author. Although I am just making this up as I go along.

But I'm seriously not sorry that it happened. I'm just sorry it was so abrupt.

Okay laters all you handsome princesses and all you beautiful princes.

~Tesla a.k.a. Completely unapologetic.

;)