Just jokes.

-Everleigh Rose-
-
"Fuck you." I say as we leave the office.

"Sure, 10pm at my house.", She responds with a grin.

I almost choke on my response as I hear those words coming from her mouth. Not only did we just meet, but I already hate her and she's flirting with me? There's no way that's going to fucking slide.

"Excuse me?", I blurted out. I mean, what else am I supposed to say? She's trying to act like I want to seduce her.

"Did I stutter?"

Shit, she got me there.

"I'm going to the bathroom.", I excuse myself. I'm getting a weird feeling and it's not settling right with me, I need to calm myself down.

Right as I rush in the stall, I see Isabella walking in with a pouch in her hands. Can I not go anywhere without being near her presence?

"Are you that obsessed with me?", I ask as I cross my arms.

"Oh please, don't feed your ego; it's already overflowing.", She laughs as she went to the mirror, "I went here to check myself out."

"And who are you trying to impress?"

"Myself."

I roll my eyes as I place my bag onto the counter and take out my perfume, spraying it onto me several times to make sure it sticks on.

Isabella turns her head towards me, "Is there a reason you need to be spraying that much? And why are you using a $400 perfume?"

"I bought it?"

All I could hear was her laugh before she got back to fixing her hair.

"I don't see what's so funny about that.", I raise my brow.

"Nothing, it's just daddy's money."

Not the first time I've heard those words.

"Yeah it is, why? Did your dad leave you?", I smile.

I feel a wave of guilt overtake me when I see her eyes soften. I watch as she puts her applications peck into her pouch while her eyes start to water. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings, it was just a joke.

"Wait Isabella, I didn't know-"

"Of course you didn't", She turned her heels to look at me, I could see tears nearly pouring from her eyes, "I knew you were a bitch, but I didn't know you were a heartless dickhead."

My heart shattered at the words as I watched her rush out of the bathroom. I felt so mad at myself. Normally if I said this towards a boy, I couldn't give less of a fuck. I barely knew this girl and I had the urge to chase her and get on my knees to apologize; but I'm Everleigh Rose. That's not me.

-

I enter myself into my car as my driver opens the door for me. I still feel horrible about what I said to the girl. I probably should've ran after her; but I couldn't move.
I grab my phone from my pocket as I rush to text my best-friend, Claire Davis. I've known her since 2nd grade and we've been inseparable since. I message her asking to meet up at the lake. As I'm typing, I give my driver directions on where to go. I guess that's the only good thing about being rich, not the part where your parents are workaholics and you're being neglected all the time.

"Izzy!", I yell as I get out of my car.

"Hey Ev! Can't believe you already got sent home on the first day."