Lights out.

-Isabella Allen-

Looking over at Everleigh, I started to get more concerned with how many shots she was downing.

"Woah, don't go crazy. We just got here.", I laughed.

"You wanted to skip right?", She licked the salt off of the rim and took another shot. "We should at least make it fun."

"I mean yeah, but we still have to get home. You know that, right?"

"We can go to a hotel."

"Do you have hotel money?"

She crossed her arms, "No way you just asked me that."

"No, I'm asking the bartender.", I rolled my eyes. "Of course I'm asking you that. Are you aware of how much rooms cost a night in the city? Fucking $300 per person, if you're lucky."

"Okay? No problem."

"No problem?! How out of touch are you with reality?!"

"I'm paying.", She pointed at her chest.

"Your daddy is."

"Same shit."

"Would you like anything, young lady?", The bartender asked.

"She's not interested.", Everleigh crossed her arms, not making eye contact with anyone.

"Woah," He laughed. "Defensive best friend?"

"Girl-friend.", She tightened her lips into a snarky smile.

"Oh..", He nodded. "Well, I'm just doing my job. I'm engaged."

"Does your fiancé know you're hitting on other woman?"

"They wouldn't care. I'm gay."

Everleigh and I both turned our heads to each other, widening our eyes in embarassment.

"Right..", She leaned back into her chair. "Sorry, had too many shots.."

"You're good," He laughed. "What would your girlfriend like?"

"I actually want to stay sober so just a mojito for now.", I said, placing my hand on my girlfriend's thigh.

"Got ya'."

Once he left, I looked back over to Ev to see how she was doing, and not to my surprise, she was running her fingers through her hair and checking out her split ends every so often.

"Your hair is fine, Ev."

"Awe," She pouted her lips. "You're so sweet. I honestly don't know how you put up with me considering that I've been a bitch to you for months."

I smiled, "Do you want to know my first impression of you?"

"Why would I not. Go ahead."

"If I'm being honest, I thought you were sexy as shit."

She raised her brows, "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious. I didn't even think you were real, until you gave me that attitude."

"To be fair," She sighed. "Everyone thinks that about me. They just think I'm so hot-"

"Shut up!", I pushed her shoulder and laughed. "Your new year's resolution should be to get rid of that big ego of yours."

"It's not a big ego if I deserve it."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the bartender who was coming with our drinks.

"One mojito and one gin fizz.", He placed down.

"Thank you.", She smiled. "I'm getting wasted for sure."