Am I sober enough?

-Everleigh Rose-

"I have."

What the fuck is going on with me.

"You slept with a girl?", One of my "friends" asked.

"Who was it?", Another asked.

If I'm being honest.. I have no idea where the urge to confess came from, but it was too late now.

"Ev," Kayleigh nudged my arm, "What are you doing?"

I couldn't answer her question because I didn't even know.
Isabella creased her eyebrows and looked around the room, stares pressuring both of us to just yell out the answer.

"Tell us who!", A guy screamed out.

I began to become more aware of what I was willing to do as the silence got even louder. I would be dead if anyone else found out about us.

Ryleigh, worried about my reputation along with hers, spoke up for me.
"She's joking guys. I dared her to say that.", She said as she tried her hardest to put on a smile.

Laughs came out of the audience's mouths and after that, I laughed it off too.

I turned around once I felt an arm squeeze my shoulder, making me wince.
"Stop that! What the hell?"

"I should be asking you that! What was that scene you just made?", Ryleigh asked.

"You think I'd know? I wasn't in the right mindset."

"Clearly not.", She scoffed, "But I'm the only one who knows that you did sleep with a girl now. Aren't you straight? That's fucking disgusting!"

At this point, I was starting to get annoyed by her. The girl I slept with was right across the room and she wasn't disgusting.
If anything was disgusting, it's the fact that I'm still willing to hide this. Me.

"Let me go.", I scowled.

"I'll find out who, Ev.", She scoffed as she left to gossip with her other friends.

I sucked on my tongue and flicked my eyes over to Isabella, who looked beyond upset than I was.
Trying my best to make eye contact, she avoided it at all cost. I couldn't blame her, I would too if I was her.

"Everleigh Rose.", Kayleigh stood in front of me, "Explain what that was about."

In guilt, I shrugged my shoulders and looked down.
"I don't know."

"You clearly did in the moment, and it's so obvious to me that Ryleigh didn't ask you to say that as a dare."

"If anything she saved me.", I sighed, "I would never admit such a thing."

"You're hurting yourself and Isabella. Would you rather the whole world hate you for being gay while having the best relationship and future you ever had or suffer in silence?"

".. Suffer in sil-"

"My God, Ev! You're so in denial that it's concerning! The common sense answer is the first option, if you couldn't tell."

"Not when you have a reputation and family like mine.", I muttered, "If my father ever found out about this, I'd be dead meat."

"You know what's more dead? The bond you and Isabella had, say bye to that.", She scoffed as she walked away.

Was my own best friend turning against me? Was that how wrong I was?
Once Isabella got off of the couch, I walked up to her.

"Don't even bother.", She put a hand to my face.