Consequences of my own actions.

-Everleigh Rose-

I stormed back inside to my cabin after getting nearly harassed by Brian. He was so fucking immature and it hurts me that every guy only wanted me for my body. Isabella was right.
*knock knock*

"Hey Evie," She smiled as she came in.

I usually told her not to call me that because we weren't friends, but for some reason, I was okay with it. The only other person who called me Evie was Jacob; he was the only person allowed to call me that.

I stayed silent and gave a soft smile,
"Hi."

"Woah... you're not gonna stop me from calling you Evie? What happened to you?"

"Shut up."

Isabella laughed and opened her hands which revealed a lizard.
I fucking hate lizards.

"Look what I found in the forest!"

I nervously smiled, "Good for you."

Isabella narrowed her brows, later giving me a wry smile on why I was stiff when she showed it,
"Are you afraid of lizards?"

"What?! No!", I crossed my arms, "I'm not a baby."

"You look like you saw a ghost."

"I'm not scared of lizards. Stop thinking so low of me."

Isabella shrugged her shoulders and put her hand closer to me, nearly making me jump,
"It's great that you have a lizard Isabella, but I think it might want to go home now."

"Try holding it! It's so adorable."

I swallowed, "I just washed my hands."

"You went straight to the cabin after tug-of-war."

I choked on my words and Isabella gave me a knowing look, she was onto me.

"You're afraid of lizards, aren't you?"

"Shut up! Fine!"

"What did they do to you? They're harmless."

I scrunched my nose, "Of course you would think that. Once they crawl up your nose and into your head then control your brain, don't cry to me."

"Your theories are ridiculous.", She laughed, "Put your hand out."

"Absolutely not."

"If you don't put your hand out then I will chase you with it."

"That's harassment."

She sighed, "It's called facing your fears. You only live once, right?"

"I wanna live without holding a lizard, thanks.", I turned away.

As I was walking the other direction, I heard quiet laughter and small footsteps. I knew where this was heading.

"Isabella Allen, if you're behind me with the lizard then I'm going to fucking kill you."

"Ugh.", She groaned, "You're no fun."

I scoffed and sat down on the edge of my bed to scroll on my instagram feed. My eyes later shifted to Isabella who was crouching on the floor to analyze the lizard with a smile on her face. She looked adorable.